Disney Deluxe vs Portofino Bay | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Deluxe vs Portofino Bay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 14, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I'm not trying to start a war but needed some input. In the past, we have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary Resort at WDW, plus Port Orleans Riverside. However, it has been 10+ years (pre-Potter and Mummy) since I last went to IOA and UO and was thinking about a two day trip. My question is this: Does Portofino Bay provide the same "getaway" feeling as a resort like the Wilderness Lodge? I've read the reviews and PB has larger room sizes and is well received. WL has always felt like a secluded escape.

Please give me your thoughts/opinions.

Portafino is probably my favorite hotel to stay at. Wilderness is probably number 2. The rooms are without a doubt the best regular rooms around. Awesome beds and bathrooms and the environment is great. Definitely feels getaway-ey but a different vibe than wilderness

Reactions: Mad Dog
Portofino is on par with the Grand Floridian. The rooms are much nicer than Wilderness Lodge. You can't really compare the atmosphere, though. One is supposed to be a park lodge and one is supposed to be an Italian luxury destination. PBH definitely has the getaway feel to it but it is more a getaway to a foreign country than a getaway to a national park.

Portofino Bay is my favorite domestic theme park resort. With The Grand Californian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge in that order after Portofino Bay.

Portifino Bay is a nicer resort with better service than any WDW resort.

Thank you all. I am now trying to figure out when to go. I have a business trip to the Rhode Island in late May that hits exactly when I wanted to go. My options are the week of May 10 or the first full week of June. From some videos on YouTube and your input, I am going to go with Portofino Bay.

Reactions: Disneyhead