Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do wonder if Nimona will ever see the light of day in some form. Maybe as a short with Disney? That’s really the only way I can see it even being acknowledged. If they gave up on the movie, they obviously weren’t overly enthusiastic with what was being presented to them.

Its a weird source material where its too adult for Disney's target audience while at the same time too juvenile for older audiences. I love the story its a really really fun story but I have a feel the book animation if they went with that stuff visually as probably off putting.

Doesn't sound like it was Blue Sky's fault, it seems like the screwup was on the budget office's part (and also state law for being ambiguously worded). Dunno if they can get penalized for that.

If this lawsuit is successful, many major studios could see themselves losing rights to classic 80's properties, or anything prior to the 80's.

The Thomas brothers are seeking to exploit copyright law's termination provision, which allows authors to cancel transfers after waiting a period of time, typically 35 years for newer works. Given the time frame, studios are facing the prospect of losing franchise rights to many iconic works from the 1980s.

This article was released back in October of 2019. Has there even been an update? I don't recall seeing one.
What are you seeing from October 2019? This was reported by The Hollywood Reporter just the other day.

The complaint was filed in January of this year and the entire suit is at the bottom of the article below:

Last edited:
What are you seeing from October 2019? This was reported by The Hollywood Reporter just the other day.

The complaint was filed in January of this year and the entire suit is at the bottom of the article below:

I initially saw this that you posted:

I initially saw this that you posted:

I realized in the quote that I pulled from a website, there was a link to the 2019 article, which I didn't mean to have in there.

Anyway, Disney doesn't seem to have as good of a defense as normal here because the writers are kinda just going by the relatively black and white law. Still, I think there's no way this ends up in court and Disney just pays these guys off.