Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

RFRees

Dec 24, 2015
She's an excellent Studio chief and imo, Disney is foolish for letting her walk.
Or forcing her. They could have offered her a "lateral move", could have essentially been a demotion that she wasn't supposed to accept, forcing her to resign. They could have wanted her out for many reasons (her price, internal politics, redundancy, etc).

Edit: I'm only saying we don't know, I'm not assuming anything myself.

Last edited:

MrBlonde

Rookie
Aug 7, 2018
My best guess? Fox's (yes I'm saying Fox even thought it's 20th Century) slate is gutted and she's merely following marching orders given by the corporation rather than independently developing her own studio's slate, why pay her to lead a studio that's now more of a marketing name than anything else? I wonder where she ends up next.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
My best guess? Fox's (yes I'm saying Fox even thought it's 20th Century) slate is gutted and she's merely following marching orders given by the corporation rather than independently developing her own studio's slate, why pay her to lead a studio that's now more of a marketing name than anything else? I wonder where she ends up next.
I agree her position was redundant, but honestly, she's got so much career ahead of her whereas Iger literally pulled Alan Horn out of retirement to run Disney's Studio division. The smart move imo would've been to promote Watts to Chief of Walt Disney Studios and send Horn back into retirement.

Reactions: MrBlonde