Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

LA Times have published their latest calendar; depicting characters joining the likes of Disney as soon as Wednesday.

From Bio:

...so, this is finally happening. Can't say I'm not concerned for jobs still, but I am happy to see Disney wanting to seemingly still support Fox's endeavors for R Rated films.

Hopefully, they follow through with it; as they have a great catelogue.

DP, we now have a list of everything coming over to TWDC in studios/groups:

• 21st Century Fox
  • Fox Searchlight
  • Fox 2000
  • Fox Family
  • Fox Animation (Blue Sky included)
  • 21st Century Fox Television
  • FX Productions
  • Fox21
  • FX Networks
  • National Geographic Partners
  • Star India
  • Fox Network Groups International
They have also stated again on the divesting of Fox's Regional Sports Networks.

Also stated in accordance of the merger, the separating of the following to NewFox
  • Fox News
  • Fox Business Network
  • Fox Broadcasting Company
  • Fox Sports
  • Fox Television Stations Groups
  • FS1/FS2
  • Fox Deportes
  • Various Assets & Liabilities into Fox Corporation
Disney’s Acquisition of 21st Century Fox Will Bring an Unprecedented Collection of Content and Talent to Consumers Around the World - The Walt Disney Company

Disney and 21st Century Fox Announce per Share Value in Connection with $71 Billion Acquisition - The Walt Disney Company

While it is now completed, the effects will immediately hit at 12:02 AM on Eastern Time.

That is an unfortunate choice of name for a spanish language sports channel if they want to expand it to the US.

Meh, it could be MUCH worse; especially nowadays.

..In all seriousness, I'm hopeful for the future (and is very excited to see what comes out of it), but there are concerns.

A mixture of both, which say's a lot about my statements now. In the end, I am wondering who's gonna make a compilation of what Disney's going to own once the day's become a bit clearer (similar to when I believe @quinnmac000 made the list of DWA IP's that are now with Universal)

..In all seriousness, I'm hopeful for the future (and is very excited to see what comes out of it), but there are concerns.

A mixture of both, which say's a lot about my statements now. In the end, I am wondering who's gonna make a compilation of what Disney's going to own once the day's become a bit clearer (similar to when I believe @quinnmac000 made the list of DWA IP's that are now with Universal)
I'm pretty certain that people are working on it and will be circulated shortly. Maybe a wiki that can be improved as all the strands are worked out. People love to make lists and compare

To note, it seems more that for right now; layoffs are primarily affecting those on the sides of NewFox (Fox News, Sports, E.T.C.) rather than TWDC.

Of-course, that's likely going to change in the coming day's; but that is something to note.

To note, it seems more that for right now; layoffs are primarily affecting those on the sides of NewFox (Fox News, Sports, E.T.C.) rather than TWDC.

Of-course, that's likely going to change in the coming day's; but that is something to note.

20th Century Fox is about to be eviscerated. TWDC will mostly be safe.

FX and Fox Searchlight will likely fare OK.

NewFox is another discussion entirely.

I can make one but its gonna take me a few days...the Universal one took about 9 days of research to actually make sure Universal had the rights and some Disney stuff actually turns out not to be owned by Disney (Such as Turok which is owned by Universal through Dreamworks)

giphy.gif

Oh yea also one thing people seem to be missing is Disney also now has ownership in another comic publisher thanks to this deal....Get ready for a Boom Comic Cinematic Universe starting with Lumberjanes....

I find it hard to believe Disney will integrate the studios that much. Fox needs to keep their current output to appease the shareholders. The Disney shareholders approved this merger because it would increase Disney’s content portfolio.

Some layoffs will sadly happen, but in the end, Disney’s yearly content output will more than double. You can’t do that with the same amount of people and I dont think you can do that under one brand.

I wonder if they'll have Deadpool appear in the parks. Obviously a PG version of himself, but it could still be an extremely popular meet-n-greet. He could just say snarky things to guests, essentially what Gaston does.