Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

When Will the X-Men Join the MCU? Not For a ‘Very Long Time’

For those who cared about how MCU would affected by the merger...(Aka Xmen not coming until phase 5 at the earliest)
As long as people have kept up with anything Feige has said, it was pretty easy to guess Phase 5 was the earliest. They already have Phase 4 planned out, mostly exploring the cosmic universe. I can see them doing something like they did with Thanos in end credit scenes (going as far back as The Avengers, GotG and Age of Ultron), where they would start to set things up for somebody like Galactus, who is VERY tied to the cosmic universe.

I have to think, Deadpool is exempt from that part of Kevin's comments.
Considering he won't be a part of the MCU, I think you're right.

Considering he won't be a part of the MCU, I think you're right.

I can actually see them working a way to incorporate the Deadpool we currently have, and plopping him into the MCU.

I would think that both Kevin and Ryan have had off-hand meetings about the subject, and it could make sense given the events that unfold in the end of Deadpool 2 to get him into the MCU.

Either that, or it's a decision made not by Kevin entirely..

I can actually see them working a way to incorporate the Deadpool we currently have, and plopping him into the MCU.

I would think that both Kevin and Ryan have had off-hand meetings about the subject, and it could make sense given the events that unfold in the end of Deadpool 2 to get him into the MCU.

Either that, or it's a decision made not by Kevin entirely..
Iger has said Deadpool is going to remain rated-R, though. The MCU is very PG-13. Deadpool would feel out of place.

Iger has said Deadpool is going to remain rated-R, though. The MCU is very PG-13. Deadpool would feel out of place.

I mean, wake me up when an Avengers movie has a dead person with a broken esophagus, people getting thrown off of cliffs, and someone smashing a head with their hands to get something they need.

oh wait.

I mean, wake me up when an Avengers movie has a dead person with a broken esophagus, people getting thrown off of cliffs, and someone smashing a head with their hands to get something they need.

oh wait.
All of that is your typical PG-13 fare. Name me the last time an MCU movie dropped an F-bomb.

oh wait.

All of that is your typical PG-13 fare.

The MCU hasn't gone as dark as they did with Infinity War in the graphic nature.

Not to mention, we aren't considering that those on the DP team, with Kevin; could come up with ways to make the merc make sense within the Universe. And I doubt they'd leave him to dry when the Mutants do come in.

The MCU hasn't gone as dark as they did with Infinity War in the graphic nature.

Not to mention, we aren't considering that those on the DP team, with Kevin; could come up with ways to make the merc make sense within the Universe. And I doubt they'd leave him to dry when the Mutants do come in.
Just because they haven't gone that dark doesn't mean it isn't all PG-13. Like I said, wake me up when someone drops an F-bomb in an MCU movie or there's some real Passion of the Christ level violence.

Just because they haven't gone that dark doesn't mean it isn't all PG-13. Like I said, wake me up when someone drops an F-bomb in an MCU movie or there's some real Passion of the Christ level violence.
Anyone who thinks Disney is going to allow an R-rated MCU movie is off their onion.

Anyone who thinks Disney is going to allow an R-rated MCU movie is off their onion.
While Feige does (thankfully) see them from a very artistic standpoint, Iger sees these movies as nothing but dollar signs. The goal is to make as much as possible. Sure, Deadpool actually did make a lot of money... but by going R-rated you limit your audience. Not all R-rated movies will see Deadpool level success, so PG-13 it is for the MCU.

Not to mention with this Universe now in it’s 11th year, more risqué characters would seem out of place in a world of PG-13 fare.

I do have to say that I think that, of the MCU franchises, GotG would probably be the one I’d most like to see as an R-rated movie. Especially with James Gunn on the script, it could be great.

While Feige does (thankfully) see them from a very artistic standpoint, Iger sees these movies as nothing but dollar signs. The goal is to make as much as possible. Sure, Deadpool actually did make a lot of money... but by going R-rated you limit your audience. Not all R-rated movies will see Deadpool level success, so PG-13 it is for the MCU.

Not to mention with this Universe now in it’s 11th year, more risqué characters would seem out of place in a world of PG-13 fare.

I do have to say that I think that, of the MCU franchises, GotG would probably be the one I’d most like to see as an R-rated movie. Especially with James Gunn on the script, it could be great.

I disagree about Guardians as its already too established as a family IP. However the upcoming Eternals series based on some of the casting call most likely a R-rated hero film. But breaking down what MCU films will be rated R...its gonna be Deadpool and whatever MCU films they decided to release under the Fox banner.

From Deadline
But Disney wants Fox to move away from the younger demo projects it has in surplus and shift the focus to all audience fare with PG-13 and R-rated fare.

If Disney keeps Deadpool under the Fox, then we will get R-rated films.

I disagree about Guardians as its already too established as a family IP. However the upcoming Eternals series based on some of the casting call most likely a R-rated hero film. But breaking down what MCU films will be rated R...its gonna be Deadpool and whatever MCU films they decided to release under the Fox banner.

From Deadline

If Disney keeps Deadpool under the Fox, then we will get R-rated films.
Well obviously it is now. My point was out of all MCU franchises, I’d love to have seen it have been R-rated. If that makes sense.

Also, I doubt Eternals will be R-rated, or any MCU movie for that matter. Deadpool will continue since there won’t be any X-Men in the MCU for awhile still, so that leaves an opening for Ryan to close out a trilogy and provide some slight X-Men fare in the meantime.

I could see Hawkeye showing up in a Deadpool movie. I think their humors would mesh well.

CNBC says Comcast in discussions to sell its remaining Hulu stake to Disney.

So confusing as they said during the earning call this morning they planned to keep it. at least how i read it.

Roberts also offered his first comments on NBCU’s minority stake in Hulu since Disney closed its acquisition of 21st Century Fox last month and then bought WarnerMedia’s 10% of Hulu. “It is very much in everybody’s interest to maintain” the Hulu relationship, Roberts said. “No new news today on it, other than that it’s really valuable and we’re glad we own a really large piece of it.”

Last edited: