Disney International Programs | Inside Universal Forums

Disney International Programs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cruiseshipfan

V.I.P. Member
Mar 5, 2010
Sydney, Australia
My friend sent me a link to a program I never knew Disney had going. It is a program which allows international students the oppertunity to travel to Orlando and work at the WDW resort for a year while undertaking their studies, or when they have just finished their studies. https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/seasonal.html . I wont be able to do it for at least another year now, as I just finished high school at the end of last year (our school starts at the start of the year and ends at the end, unlike the US system which starts in the middle.) I am just about to start University, studying Electrical Engineering. So I need to wait at least a year.

So I have a few questions that some of you may be able to answer, some you may not. I am just hoping you may know someone who has done it or know a bit about the program.
Firstly how does the program work with the University courses? Does it get put on hold for a year and they you continue where you left off when you return or does it continue at a University in the US.
Secondly how would transportation work? It says how there is transportation within the resort, but what if I need to go elsewhere, I wont have a car since I would need to buy one, get a license, insurance and everything else for only a year.
Thirdly would you say this would be worth while taking a year out, I have already been to the US plenty of time so experiencing the culture doesn't do anything for me, I would be happy to share my own culture even though half the time people on the East coast think I am from the UK based on my accent, plus some of the US culture exists here. I mostly want it to have more time in the parks, as well as it looks good on a resume when applying for jobs within engineering fields for the parks.

I will add some more question as I think of them.

Last edited:
I deal with the ICPs at my job all the time. It's worth it only if you value the experience and don't do anything crazy. I've actually met quite a few very nice people that do the international college program at Disney. However there are the exceptions to the rule .ie the annoying"happy Monday drunks" . As far as getting a car while you're here it isn't too difficult just stay away from the "mom and pop" rental car places and stick with Dollar,Avis or Enterprise rent a car. General rule of thumb when it comes to renting a car is...some of the people here just want to scam y'all because they think you'll buy anything. If the rental car company isn't advertised at Orlando International Airport then stay far away. As far as putting your studies on hold I think they do that but I believe it also depends on your university.

I deal with the ICPs at my job all the time. It's worth it only if you value the experience and don't do anything crazy. I've actually met quite a few very nice people that do the international college program at Disney. However there are the exceptions to the rule .ie the annoying"happy Monday drunks" . As far as getting a car while you're here it isn't too difficult just stay away from the "mom and pop" rental car places and stick with Dollar,Avis or Enterprise rent a car. General rule of thumb when it comes to renting a car is...some of the people here just want to scam y'all because they think you'll buy anything. If the rental car company isn't advertised at Orlando International Airport then stay far away. As far as putting your studies on hold I think they do that but I believe it also depends on your university.

Thanks, I sure would not be the drunk, I will most likely be underage when I undertake the program. As well as the fact I don't drink. Here where the age restriction is 18, I have been 18 since August and have never had a drink or been interested in having a drink. Also how would I go with a license. I don't have a full license but I am on the final stage before getting it. We have a 3 step process to get the license. Learner, you have to drive with someone with a full license, Provisional 1 meaning you can drive by yourself but with restrictions, Provisional 2 (what I am on) you can drive by yourself but with a few restrictions. I have almost 2 years until I can get my full license, so how would that work with the system in Florida or the US.

The hardest part for the program for me would be remembering the language differences. With words meaning different things and my Australian shortening of words.

Just out of curiousity, I'm considering this in a few years once I start university and after checking the website, it says the maximu.m paid work length is 3 months, while you said a year in your OP. A year is something I would much prefer, is this actually a possibility?

Lots of different factors. I work with a lot of ICP's as well. Some of them have 4 month visas, others have 6 and some have full years. It all depends on the program and work visa. I've seen where they have 3 different jobs throughout their program, 4 months in Food and Bev, 4 months in Merch, and 4 months in costuming and others where they have 3 in F&B and 3 in Merch. Most ICP's have the F&B/Merch program.

That's pretty interesting, I'll have to look into it further. Now that I think about it, it'll have to be 3 months during my summer time but hopefully that should be enough. Will keep open about it.