Disney Internship College Program | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Internship College Program

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Florida
This was a news article...and figured it still has good info if anyone ever is interested.

Representatives from the Walt Disney World College Program will be on hand to provide information about the real world of make believe and becoming a Disney "cast member."

The program offers a paid fall semester internship at the Disney World amusement park near Orlando, Fla. The internship provides living, learning and work experience.

The learning aspect, called the Walt Disney World College Program Educational Curriculum, involves core business classes, elective seminars and self-directed study opportunities. Core business classes focus on the Disney culture, situational leadership, communication, the business world and cultural change.

The work experience places students in positions at various theme parks, resorts and other Disney operations. Students serve as "cast members" in areas such as merchandising, transportation, attractions, food services, custodial services, life guarding and hospitality.

For more information, visit www.disneycollegeprogram.com.

I know this is a very old thread, but I was wondering if anyone could give a review of this program, either based on first hand experience or 2nd hand. I'm considering enrolling perhaps during my final semester of college, which is about 3 semesters away, but I just wanna know what I'm getting myself into and if it's worth it.

I would recommend taking the opportunity. I have a lot of CP friends and some love it and some don't. Either way you get really good experience and it looks really good on a resume. Take it and if you don't like it then it's a 5 month program and then you can go back to NY.