Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Quest-style arcade to Universal?

At this point, Dave + Busters have proven that you can have a successful arcade.

Dave + Busters’ relies on two big factors at this point: a large restaurant with alcohol and a constant stream of new, trendy games.

DisneyQuest never relied heavily on food. Their food court looked really sad.

DisneyQuest also never had new games. Dave and Busters makes a big deal of getting new trendy games. They've advertised a Luigi’s Mansion game, a Star Wars VR game, and some other big, flashy games recently. Walk into any D + B and you won’t find a game not based on a recent movie or mobile app.

Universal could totally have a successful arcade. It just needs to be admission-free, have a restaurant, and have a stream of new games.

I’m not convinced Universal could keep an arcade up-to-date though. They’re not an arcade company. If a D+B or similar came into CW (please no, I like unique things!), it could be a success.
The D&B formula may work in CityWalk....The thing I like about D&B is that you could spend a good amount of your day there...I've had many post drinking age B-Days there and they have all been a blast

If Universal can make a classic/modern balanced arcade for all generations and serve alcohol, soda, and maybe snacks, that would be a guaranteed hit! Plus, plenty of 80’s, BTTF references throughout:)

Nintendo started with arcade games and now they license their characters out for arcade games. Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, and more are all cabinets.
Fun fact: their arcade games are all built on altered Gamecube hardware. I would expect a lot more Nintendo arcade games based on old Gamecube games (win!)