Disney Springs Discussion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The long timeline makes a lot of sense, especially when you consider how this will impact parking and BVD in general (lane closures for new/modified entrances, flyovers, etc.). My only worry with this is that the West Side garage will likely be built first because it would be the least disruptive to traffic and typical parking habits, but if things start turning sour on the project (vendors pulling out with no replacements, another economic crash cycle during construction, etc.), there will be a similar parking issue as we have now, but an even bigger glut of parking and massive operational costs on the West Side.

Other than that nagging thought, though, I love it.

It's that chance of things going sour that troubles me about the timeline. If they went all in and pushed this (while still keeping things operational) they could do this in a year, year and a half and it would leave less time for things to get cut or companies to drop out.

If Cars Land takes over the backlot, the DHS tower isn't going to stick around.

Given the size of the park it would be nice if they would branch out into the wooded area next to DHS and plop Cars there (all they would have to do is move the toll plaza around the back side of cars land). But sadly the yea the last area making it look like a studio will be gone if cars comes in.

It's that chance of things going sour that troubles me about the timeline. If they went all in and pushed this (while still keeping things operational) they could do this in a year, year and a half and it would leave less time for things to get cut or companies to drop out.

I don't think they could keep things operational and finish this in a year and a half. They need to build the parking structure first, so they can remove other parking to build the other stuff. So this has to be in phases or DTD would be useless during that year and half because no parking would exist.

I don't think they could keep things operational and finish this in a year and a half. They need to build the parking structure first, so they can remove other parking to build the other stuff. So this has to be in phases or DTD would be useless during that year and half because no parking would exist.

It's going to be a nightmare when they close the lots closest to the village area, and so obviously they should push that through as fast as they can, which if done the right way can be 3-4 months parking lot to parking deck. At that point they'll have lots of parking to offset the loss of other parking. All the while they can be revamping the existing parts of DTD. Once the parking decks are up, then they can go ahead and clear out the parking needed to expand retail. It can be done, it would be more then they want to spend, but it can be done.

So I just kind of blew this off as I'm more interested in the parks while on vacation and not shopping. But I'm watching the news and it comes on, oh cool, and I bury my head back into my iPad. I then hear 2016, and begin to just laugh... I will say it was nice to see Kathy here!

So I just kind of blew this off as I'm more interested in the parks while on vacation and not shopping. But I'm watching the news and it comes on, oh cool, and I bury my head back into my iPad. I then hear 2016, and begin to just laugh... I will say it was nice to see Kathy here!

So this was what she was working on? :blank:

I like this WESH reporter's question to Tom Staggs....

WESH: Is this in response to the success of CityWalk?

Staggs: Well uh, in a word, no. I think that we looked at this as a tremendous opportunity for our guests. One of the things I love is that this is a place embraced by our guests, but it's also embraced by the folks who live here in central Florida.

I think you guy's should make a list or predict or plan out what store's , resturant's and entertainment venue's you guy's want.