Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Wild speculation, but invite-only party NYE to try to build hype? Can't believe they won't at least soft open for the busiest two weeks of the year.

Just got back from an afternoon at Disney Springs. The first time I've seen it construction "ended" and it officially opened up.

They did a great job. Tons of great dining, quite a few unique shops, and a really great vibe. I had a great time walking around, grabbing a snack and people watching. The Co-Op has quickly become my favorite Disney store at the resort and I appreciated that World of Disney had just a bit less generic crap. Not much less, but just a little.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed by the kiosks and West Side though. Were the kiosks always so bland and generic? I saw a couple gems, but there was at least two kiosks that had signage + merchandise that belonged in an I-Drive strip mall. The West Side also has absolutely no atmosphere. Ripping down most of the smaller storefronts and extending out the new theming would go a huge way.

Just got back from an afternoon at Disney Springs. The first time I've seen it construction "ended" and it officially opened up.

They did a great job. Tons of great dining, quite a few unique shops, and a really great vibe. I had a great time walking around, grabbing a snack and people watching. The Co-Op has quickly become my favorite Disney store at the resort and I appreciated that World of Disney had just a bit less generic crap. Not much less, but just a little.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed by the kiosks and West Side though. Were the kiosks always so bland and generic? I saw a couple gems, but there was at least two kiosks that had signage + merchandise that belonged in an I-Drive strip mall. The West Side also has absolutely no atmosphere. Ripping down most of the smaller storefronts and extending out the new theming would go a huge way.
West Side is in the midst of receiving the major part of it's upgrade. Jaleo and NBA Experience are replacing Wolfgang and Disney Quest respectively. Cirque will be receiving a new show as well.

There's also a rumor that HOB may want out at the end of their lease, which would be bittersweet. I love having HOB in DS, but Disney places a lot of restrictions on them.

West Side is in the midst of receiving the major part of it's upgrade. Jaleo and NBA Experience are replacing Wolfgang and Disney Quest respectively. Cirque will be receiving a new show as well.

There's also a rumor that HOB may want out at the end of their lease, which would be bittersweet. I love having HOB in DS, but Disney places a lot of restrictions on them.
Yeah, there's definitely a ton of construction happening right now! I think the area around the food trucks and the Marvel store still needs a lot of TLC. The generic box storefronts look really jarring compared to the nice facades in the rest of DS.

I realize blog posts aren't the NYT, but this one sounds incredibly dumb. As of now, on weeknights, everything in DS closes at midnight. So last call around 11:30. Is the Edison really going to create a unique cocktail menu they implement for and hour and a half? I can't even see them selling food after 10. And that would be maybe one show set.

The term "lunch menu" makes me wonder if this is an error, and it's closer to 6 pm, which would make more sense.

Nice to see an area of Disney Springs that is "adult only" like Pleasure Island originally was.

It wasn't originally. The only part of PI that was adults-only was Mannequins up until the final year and a half.

I realize blog posts aren't the NYT, but this one sounds incredibly dumb. As of now, on weeknights, everything in DS closes at midnight. So last call around 11:30. Is the Edison really going to create a unique cocktail menu they implement for and hour and a half? I can't even see them selling food after 10. And that would be maybe one show set.

The term "lunch menu" makes me wonder if this is an error, and it's closer to 6 pm, which would make more sense.

It wasn't originally. The only part of PI that was adults-only was Mannequins up until the final year and a half.

Wasn't it 18+ originally? and Mannequins was 21+?

Also, I agree, and after 10 pm Adults only bar that closes at 12, kind of defeats the purpose. If Trader Sams can be 21+ after (8pm)? I don't see why this can't . I wonder if this will eventually change.

18+ without an adult (Mannequins 21), but any age with an adult guardian-type figure. Was most common in AdvClub, but you'd occasionally see kids in 8-Traxx. But it was a time Disney didn't just cater to the stroller set, so the culture discouraged bringing kids.

18+ without an adult (Mannequins 21), but any age with an adult guardian-type figure. Was most common in AdvClub, but you'd occasionally see kids in 8-Traxx. But it was a time Disney didn't just cater to the stroller set, so the culture discouraged bringing kids.
Yep, I visited before I was 18. Although yes the intention was it was for adults.

Also, I agree, and after 10 pm Adults only bar that closes at 12, kind of defeats the purpose. If Trader Sams can be 21+ after (8pm)? I don't see why this can't . I wonder if this will eventually change.

Who said it’s closing at 12?

Soft opening dec 27th, per training.