Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Anyone else feel like there are just too many restaurants and not enough shopping in Disney Springs? They were going for upscale shopping venue and forgot to add retailers...
I've spoken before on this subject, but Disney has made the realization that many visitors don't want the same stores that they can find at home. The consensus is that people want more Disney/exclusive retail options that they can't get elsewhere, plus dining experiences that are relatively unique to the area.

There’s plenty of retail, just a ton of dining, too. Problem is most of it is all the same stuff. Give me an electronics store, apple, comic book shop - ANYTHING.

I agree. Places like Coke and (I know we discussed this before) Harley Davidson are actually the types of stores that are a bit more unique. Yes, they have clothing, but they also have much more to offer beyond that. Savannah Bee Company is a good one, for an example as well. I'd like to see a Winery (this would kill) as well as a custom liquor or whiskey place that has different infusions. Additionally, smaller shops such as a candle place, a place that sells olive oil and custom spices, etc. Lots of options.

I agree with the others in that I wish there were more "flagship" stores here as well as stores that provide different offerings.

Last edited:
I personally think Disney has nailed it with shop selection. I've got some high-end malls locally and the vast majority of Disney Springs is still unique stores.

There's a couple of "less exclusive" stores, but I have the feeling that those stores aren't in the vast majority of shopping malls. If you're coming from an unknown area with average shopping, everything in Disney Springs will feel unique to you.

The consensus is that people want more Disney/exclusive retail options that they can't get elsewhere, plus dining experiences that are relatively unique to the area.

And I agree with that too, but it would be great if they truly were unique Disney experiences, not just the same merchandise in every shop just displayed differently.

The idea behind this was to capture more of the guests money that they spend in the local malls. They have failed to capture that without things like an Apple Store and a few of the other stores that the Brazilians, Argentines, Brits, etc go to off property.

I've spoken before on this subject, but Disney has made the realization that many visitors don't want the same stores that they can find at home. The consensus is that people want more Disney/exclusive retail options that they can't get elsewhere, plus dining experiences that are relatively unique to the area.
But how many more kinds of Disney stores are there to open? They pretty much have every possible kind.

And I agree with that too, but it would be great if they truly were unique Disney experiences, not just the same merchandise in every shop just displayed differently.

The idea behind this was to capture more of the guests money that they spend in the local malls. They have failed to capture that without things like an Apple Store and a few of the other stores that the Brazilians, Argentines, Brits, etc go to off property.

Most Brits are going to the outlets and stocking up. I had 4 suitcases going home last time between me and my wife.

On the Apple store front, it would be nice to have a place that I could easily go to and get my phone repaired if the screen broke but I don't think anybody is going there and buying an iMac or Macbook.

On the Apple store front, it would be nice to have a place that I could easily go to and get my phone repaired if the screen broke but I don't think anybody is going there and buying an iMac or Macbook.

The South American guests buy TONS of phones and other electronics when they visit because the inflation rate and tariffs are much higher where they are from. They can buy all their phones, tablets, laptops, etc. here and save enough to pay their airfare.

Maybe they should have build the Disney Springs Walmart since they tend to load up on everything that isn't nailed down at the local Walmarts...

Third garage for Disney Springs (mostly meant for CMs, but will fill during peak periods). It's across from Lime and right next to the Speedway Gas Station on that side of the street.
That makes so much sense. My brain was thinking storefront.

Have they gotten the parking spot indicators working well? Last time I was there (November), none of the parking spot indicators were working.

That makes so much sense. My brain was thinking storefront.

Have they gotten the parking spot indicators working well? Last time I was there (November), none of the parking spot indicators were working.
They're working in this new one. In the other two garages I know that the system that the indicators used was being changed out for more accurate ones.

The Trophy Room store (owned by Michael Jordan’s son) will be closing at the end of May. There’s a rumor it may be moving to The NBA Experience.

Bongos will be closing later this year. According to Gloria Estefan, who owns the brand, it will be in August. This has been expected for quite some time.

A few new tenants were announced:

Health-food restaurant Beatrix will be taking over the spot of Bongos, when it closes later this month. Also, Ample Hills Creamery (which currently has a location on the Boardwalk and i'd highly recommend) will be opening a location in Disney Springs.

Health-food restaurant Beatrix will be taking over the spot of Bongos, when it closes later this month. Also, Ample Hills Creamery (which currently has a location on the Boardwalk and i'd highly recommend) will be opening a location in Disney Springs.
Do we know yet where Ample Hills is going?

A health food restaurant at Bongos is an interesting fit. That's really hot real estate.