Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

For those interested (and as I have..nowhere that this would make sense for), Wolfgang Puck will be at Disney Springs on the 20th for fans of his food to meet him, part of him launching a new series of wine's.

Curl is now closed with Ron Jon coming to the Town Center.

Also, the NBA Experience store is packed. I think they’ll make a ton of money here. I still wonder how popular the actual experience will be, but I do think if they offered an AP option for $75-$80, it would be a good way to capture the locals that are on the AAU circuit.

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question - taking my first trip ever to Disney Springs in October for a night. Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel that is within walking distance? Preferably a Marriott / Bonvoy property since I have points. I see tons nearby, but can’t gauge which are walkable (like 5 to 15 minutes). Thanks.

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question - taking my first trip ever to Disney Springs in October for a night. Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel that is within walking distance? Preferably a Marriott / Bonvoy property since I have points. I see tons nearby, but can’t gauge which are walkable (like 5 to 15 minutes). Thanks.
The closest Marriott-owned hotel to Disney Springs will be either the Sheraton Vistana - Lake Buena Vista or the Marriott Village Fairfield Inn - Lake Buena Vista. Both are right next to an area called Little Lake Bryan, but the area is very congested with traffic.

The Orlando World Center is actually probably your better option and there will be less traffic. The hotel is right next to one of the WDW entrances and soon after that entrance is an off-ramp to Disney Springs.

I would go to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at Millenia. The Mall At Millenia (walking distance) is much better than Disney Springs and surprisingly more affordable imho.

I don't actually believe there are any walkable Marriott's as none of the hotels of Hotel Plaza Boulevard are Marriott, correct?
This. There are no walkable Marriotts. When JW Marriott Bonnet Creek opens, even that won't be walkable, as the Bonnet Creek resorts sidewalk ends about half a mile away from Buena Vista Drive.

I would go to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at Millenia. The Mall At Millenia (walking distance) is much better than Disney Springs and surprisingly more affordable imho.
That's a really nice hotel there. I just had family in town who stayed there and it was a great location and cool hotel.

So it seems the running store and Mickey's Pantry are closed according to Jim Hill. New unknown tenant coming in for Fit2Run, and Mickey's will be a tea and spice shop, expanding from the corner it occupied.

In news that should Surprise no one, Erwin Pearl is closing. I’m honestly not sure I’ve ever seen anyone in this store, let alone buy anything. This opens up a sizable space at Disney Springs.

Also, Bongos is now completely demolished: