Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Never been there due to its prices, but I’ve heard it’s not up to par with it’s other locations.

It has the best lunch deal in all of Disney Springs.

$9.99 for their burger and fries. That’s $3-4 cheaper than D-Luxe for a much better burger. Steakhouse burgers are always the best because they use their extra from prime steak trimmings for their hamburger meat instead of buying in bulk. It’s a great deal if you just stick to a burger & water.

I’ve also mentioned this before, but the head chef from Tchop Chop became the head chef of STK after Emerils closed down.

It has the best lunch deal in all of Disney Springs.

$9.99 for their burger and fries. That’s $3-4 cheaper than D-Luxe for a much better burger. Steakhouse burgers are always the best because they use their prime extra from steaks for their hamburger meat instead of buying in bulk. It’s a great deal if you just stick to a burger & water.

I’ve also mentioned this before, but the head chef from Tchop Chop became the head chef of STK after Emerils closed down.
That’s cheaper than I’d pay at a Red Robin. I’ll definitely be trying this out now that I know about it.

That’s cheaper than I’d pay at a Red Robin. I’ll definitely be trying this out now that I know about it.
Ya- it can’t be beat for the Springs. I don’t do dinner but almost always do a lunch there. I thought I had a pic of the burger but don’t. Sorry, but here’s a stock one.
1-2.png

They did do this for free when we went in September (wife and both kids are all birthdays within 11 days of each other).3FB6F1D5-E91D-46C9-AA16-05B0A843EA90.jpeg0ED0A307-7C5D-43B3-87B6-0D1575990E0F.jpeg

From what I hear about STX, I’m surprised they’re still around.

It’s a giant restaurant and it sounds like it’s absolutely reviled. I have no idea how they do enough business to warrant staying open.

Can’t speak for STK at Disney springs, but the one in Midtown Manhattan I find to be A+ if I want an expensive meal out. What are the main complaints here? Food has always been good to me, incredible sides, not a super deep menu but offered a lot of things for different kind of people. Maybe I haven’t explored enough “fancy” food yet. I love the ambiance in there too with the DJ and stuff

Can’t speak for STK at Disney springs, but the one in Midtown Manhattan I find to be A+ if I want an expensive meal out. What are the main complaints here? Food has always been good to me, incredible sides, not a super deep menu but offered a lot of things for different kind of people. Maybe I haven’t explored enough “fancy” food yet. I love the ambiance in there too with the DJ and stuff
I believe the problem is the Contemporary/Edgy atmosphere (DJ/Chill EDM) is the antithesis of the "Disney Demo". "Cool/Hip" scares Disney Fans.

It is the same reason a lot of Disney Fans hate Universal.

I believe the problem is the Contemporary/Edgy atmosphere (DJ/Chill EDM) is the antithesis of the "Disney Demo". "Cool/Hip" scares Disney Fans.

It is the same reason a lot of Disney Fans hate Universal.
I guess this is why I like Universal more too lol. I guess that makes sense though.

Tour groups from Europe are also forced into Planet Hollywood. The same goes for roadside attractions or diner shows. It's sad if you came all the way and you have to eat at Planet Hollywood. Sure American fair isn't sophisticated but it sure isn't that bad.

So apparently the Disney Springs Best Western is being rebranded as a Drury Inn. It's currently undergoing an expansion.

Interesting trivia: The original hotel was glued, not welded together :) Apparently stronger than welding and allowed under EPCOT building codes.