Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Rough concept art for the M&M Store. Wonder if that's an actual M&G or just statues.
m-m-store-concept-art-exterior-disney-springs.jpg

m-m-store-concept-art-exterior-disney-springs-2.jpg

My guess is statues. Also seems... small? I was expecting something bigger.
The Florida Mall store was 16,000 sq feet. This store will only be 10,200. Gotta remember it is taking over a space that was split into two (fairly small) stores in Fit2Run and Curl. The building is deep, but not large.
m-m-store-disney-springs-construction-01232020-1.jpg

10,200 sq ft?!

That’s really small. Shockingly small. I was hoping for something like the Coca-Cola store, but I feel like I need to dramatically lower my expectations.

I really assumed they would put a story or two on top of this building.

LuluLemon is set to take over the spot where the Jordan branded-Trophy Room store used to be. I expect this to be massively popular among it's core demographic, especially if they have a selection of Disney-branded stuff.

Went to Disney Springs tonight. Thought it was worth noting that Stance, Ugg, Lily Pulitzer and Sanuk either closed early or never opened today.

If this trend increases, I’m not sure how much longer Disney Springs has in it.

This kind of slid by as the rest of the world collapsed right after it was announced: Popular Ice Cream Chain Ample Hills Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Ample Hills filed Chapter 11 for non-virus related reasons. Doesn't bode well for the new Springs location assuming they are even able to survive the shutdowns. Right near NBAX, if Beatrix (?) ends up cancelling too, going to look like West Side is cursed.
I’ve heard they had started virtually no work on the DS location before filing. Of course they may close under performing stores and go ahead with DS, which would certainly be a pinnacle among all of their stores as far as performance.

Has anyone ventured out to Disney Springs since it’s reopening? I’m in Virginia so I’m curious as to how smoothly or rough it has gone with the temperature checks and masks requirement.

Has anyone ventured out to Disney Springs since it’s reopening? I’m in Virginia so I’m curious as to how smoothly or rough it has gone with the temperature checks and masks requirement.
This is my post from the reopening thread. Temp scans quick, crowds low, and I felt safe. I'll be going back later this week after the Disney stores open so maybe i'll give an update.
So I just got back from Disney Springs and walked the whole place and went into exactly one store (Uniqlo) to buy some shorts. Uniqlo had plastic barriers up at the register (like I assume all stores do) and there was now only one entrance and one exit. It was certainly weird just being there and seeing everyone wearing a mask and all the other precautions. All things you never thought you'd see at Disney like the plexiglass at the register.

The temperature check process literally took about 30 seconds for my entire group since no one was there waiting. Once it gets busy, it'll probably take a minute or two, but it goes really quick. As far as people obeying the distancing guidelines... aside from a few people, most were following very well. Although places like the Marketplace Starbucks, Polite Pig and Chicken Guy were all pretty busy and there's clear areas wear it becomes "mask optional" almost, which is any congregation of tables you come across. For example, the worst I saw was across from the starbucks, people were going to find places to drink and most people in the area had their masks down (as they are allowed per Disney's rules) because they were all drinking their starbucks.

I will say that the pictures Disney released yesterday that have the "Do Not Stand" markers were very misleading as to how they are handling things. Those markers were at World of Disney and, aside from the temperature check areas, ONLY World of Disney from what I saw. Everywhere else had the "Please Stand Here" markers. I sort of get it for World of Disney though since that story is the most popular in Disney Springs, meaning it's likely to have the longest line to enter.

Lastly, THE HEAT. My phone said it was 91 degrees at 5:30, which is what it will be or worse all Summer. We weren't planning on only being there for an hour and a half, we were gonna stay longer, but that heat, compounded with having pour fresh air flow due to the mask, really made it tough. For reference, we were wearing surgical masks. I'm not sure if washable masks would be more or less hot, but I sort of assume more because of the material they're made of whereas surgical masks are lighter. As I local, i'll suck it up and wear the damn mask to go to the parks every once in awhile not only because it's required, but because it's the responsible thing to do. However, having to wear those all day outside would really make me think twice about booking a vacation until this is over.

This is pretty exciting. Makes sense now why Polite Pig stopped selling their cookies too.