Disney+ | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even then, I suspect the price jump will still not reach Netflix's level of pricing (nor VRV's Premium either).

Edit: Disney's stocks actually took a pop up today in light of the aggressive pricing moves.

Well of course not that quick. I expect that Disney+ Pricing may force Netflix to add another, lower priced tier. Or just change their tier system altogether.

Even then, I suspect the price jump will still not reach Netflix's level of pricing (nor VRV's Premium either).

Edit: Disney's stocks actually took a pop up today in light of the aggressive pricing moves.

Netflix's stock took a hit today. Weirdly, Comcast's didn't really move. I view this as an attack on Comcast just as much as Netflix. Comcast's cable business (which pays the bills) is threatened by streaming and Comcast can't commit too much to streaming because it'll cannibalize their cable business.

Something to consider is how many people are spending $60 a year on Disney movies right now? Of which Disney gets a smaller cut, splitting it with theaters, stores, production and transportation of physical media... Then you can stop buying Disney movies at any time, but you get to keep any Bluray/DVDs you already have. Not that way with D+, you're paying Disney directly and when you stop it's gone.

Sure people are going to buy less physical media, but that is the existing trend anyway. Movie theaters are more about the experience and seeing it early. They've also been in the decline and may take a smaller hit, but will be around for a while for the night out. Stores dedicated to physical media are going out of business, and movie sections have been shrinking or replaced with something that does sell.

It also makes sense for Disney to use The Simpsons to sell their new product, Fox has been doing it for years. Like how Viacom/CBS uses Star Trek. The Simpsons was a sales point for Hulu+.

Netflix's stock took a hit today. Weirdly, Comcast's didn't really move. I view this as an attack on Comcast just as much as Netflix. Comcast's cable business (which pays the bills) is threatened by streaming and Comcast can't commit too much to streaming because it'll cannibalize their cable business.

You need internet to stream...so therefore Comcast is kinda safe being one of the must utilized ISPs

So the trailer for The Mandalorian got leaked from Celebration. Everything they showed looks great. Seems like people who actually love Star Wars are making it again and understand what the fans want.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I've got a real problem with chunks of a movie being edited out of existence on the platform.

Just don't put DUMBO on the service, in that case.

I have a bootleg of SotS on my shelf, and I'm good with the Dumbo edit. Anyone whO NEEDS to see the Jim Crow scene will she it out on their own. Isn't it already edited on the latest home release?

Reactions: natespf