Disney+ | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Having never seen the animated Star Wars shows, are they for adults? Clone Wars sounds interesting hypothetically but no idea if it’s worth the watch or not.

This is just second-hand from friends and family, but I've heard once you get through the first half-season of CLONE WARS, the show really engages with some fairly sophisticated, complex ideas, while greatly expanding the lore of the Force, Jedi, and Sith. And apparently it's not afraid to go dark.

They need more original adult content. Outside of the Mandalorian, everything seems like a Disney Commercial masquerading as a documentary or a rehash of old IP's. I'm not someone that gets wrapped up in Nostalgia.

For me, I treat streaming services as a replacement for television not a replacement for rent a movie night. I need fresh and compelling new shows, by great writers and good reality TV shows sprinkled in. I need a lot of content like that. I don't care to watch old movies I've already seen and the Marvel shows coming up seem to rehash what we've seen in the movies on a low budget.

I mean, Disney owns Hulu though, where they would put the adult content there from the acquired Fox properties. Disney + is geared towards kids and families. It's a no brainer.

I mean, Disney owns Hulu though, where they would put the adult content there from the acquired Fox properties. Disney + is geared towards kids and families. It's a no brainer.
When we say "Adult content", we're not talking TV-MA or Rated R. Disney has made it clear that won't be on this service and instead Hulu will be used for that. What is meant is content "aimed at adults" - like The Mandalorian. There isn't really any of that coming for quite awhile to the service.

I guess it's now really clear why Disney was pushing the 3 year contracts.

They should have planned this better as others have said, not good to wait so long for another decent new show.

Last edited:
Just looked into it and yeah. Sucks, but hopefully it's because the concept wasn't going to work (much like the ABC show) and they're searching for a better way to use The Muppets.
I think shorts is the way.

Fun fact i found a interesting section under the Simpsons collection where they have a section for the times when the Simpsons predicted the future!....Though besides using there recommended virtual network i am struggling to get D+ working on Switch.

Disney announced that WandaVision and the Lizzie McGuire show are debuting in 2020, so that’s two more things aimed at adults on the way.

Also, Clone Wars is great, but is best watched in chronological order, so I’d recommend looking up the order online and watching it that way.

It also helps with quality because the weaker (earlier) episodes are spread out if you do chronological, rather than having to slog through the first season before it starts getting good.

Reactions: Coasted
Disney announced that WandaVision and the Lizzie McGuire show are debuting in 2020, so that’s two more things aimed at adults on the way.

Also, Clone Wars is great, but is best watched in chronological order, so I’d recommend looking up the order online and watching it that way.

It also helps with quality because the weaker (earlier) episodes are spread out if you do chronological, rather than having to slog through the first season before it starts getting good.
We already knew both of those shows were coming out this year, but I struggle to call Lizzie McGuire something that’s even aimed at adults. Sure, it will have many millennial adults watch simply due to nostalgia (same with the new season of The Proud Family), but at the end of the day, this is still a show aimed at kids.

Just look and Girl Meets World as a recent example. Boy meets World actually *was* aimed at adults or at least teens and dealt with mature topics or ones that are hard to talk about. Girl Meets World did very little of that.

Dafuq is WandaVision?

Dafuq is WandaVision?

I don’t know much about it, but it centers around Vision and the Scarlet Witch.

We already knew both of those shows were coming out this year, but I struggle to call Lizzie McGuire something that’s even aimed at adults. Sure, it will have many millennial adults watch simply due to nostalgia (same with the new season of The Proud Family), but at the end of the day, this is still a show aimed at kids.

Just look and Girl Meets World as a recent example. Boy meets World actually *was* aimed at adults or at least teens and dealt with mature topics or ones that are hard to talk about. Girl Meets World did very little of that.
I thought Falcon/Winter soldier was the only one of Marvel’s that was expected for 2020! As to Lizzie, it might not appeal to the older crowd, but I think it’s going for the 20s-30s demographic hard, and I think that’s the market that is most at risk of jumping ship for a while.

The Lizzie McGuire reboot is about Lizzie living in NYC with an adult job. Doesn’t sound like it’s trying to appeal to teenagers.

Dafuq is WandaVision?

WandaVision is being described as a blending of sitcom from old comedy shows from the days of I Love Lucy, alongside with what people expect from the MCU.

It's been in production since November, which makes me fascinated to see what's the cause of bumping WandaVision up. It also makes me curious if Falcon and Winter Soldier is also being bumped up, to help..ease the pain that's bound to come in during the void-period.

Just looked into it and yeah. Sucks, but hopefully it's because the concept wasn't going to work (much like the ABC show) and they're searching for a better way to use The Muppets.

I mean, they still have Muppet's Now in the process though; but I do find it a bummer that they scrapped the other one.

I don’t know much about it, but it centers around Vision and the Scarlet Witch.

I thought Falcon/Winter soldier was the only one of Marvel’s that was expected for 2020! As to Lizzie, it might not appeal to the older crowd, but I think it’s going for the 20s-30s demographic hard, and I think that’s the market that is most at risk of jumping ship for a while.
You’re right. I got mixed up. I wonder if that means that Disney is realizing the gap they were going to have in major programming and bumped up both Falcon and Winter Soldier and WandaVision so that the gap wouldn’t be as large.

I could see F&WS coming Late Spring/Summer and WandaVision at the end of the year.

The Lizzie McGuire reboot is about Lizzie living in NYC with an adult job. Doesn’t sound like it’s trying to appeal to teenagers.
I’ll believe it when I see it. It sounds like it’s going after the same audience as Girl Meets World in a way.

Reactions: Jones14
Was so disappointed in girls meets world lol stopped watching after 10 minutes when I realized what they had done.

Loving the access to Marvel, catching up my boyfriend has been fun. We’re kinda jumping around a bit since he doesn’t care about the MCU as a whole and will just follow from Endgame once we get to it. He wanted to do Guardians first, then Ant Man. Been super fun so far honestly. Hoping we get into Clone Wars in the coming weeks.

Only compliant about the service is the site lags a lot. Usually just have to close the window and open a new one and everything works fine but it’s clearly an early bug. Overall though happy.