Disney to charge for parking at resorts? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney to charge for parking at resorts?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lmao people are making petitions for against charges for a premium product. If I am someone at disney I'm thinking the people most outraged are the ones that know they are gonna cough up the dough.

So are DVC members going to be charged for parking?

Per Visionary Soul, along with Martin one of the last reliable people on Tragic, 2 cars free per room. Apparently they buried this is the small print of contracts years ago as a contingency.

This is literally just to keep people from renting cars. Instead they want guests to only rely on Disney Transportation so they can keep them from going off property. There is no benefit to the guests.

The fact that they're barely doing anything tells you everything. If capacity was truly a concern, they'd bite the bullet and put in toll booths like at Swolphin (and countless other hotels in the area). But that would require infrastructure and training--the old saw about "takes money to make money." This is literally just adding a line to computer print-out at end of stay. It's a ridiculously easy naked cash grab, and if you think there's anything more behind it, you're deluding yourself. The suits that run TDO aren't that smart.

Disney already reversed course on slowly killing The monorail

The monorail still dying fast, whether TDO kills it or not.

Some of those people over at magic need to actually try planning vacations to other parks. They seem pissed off enough to esp in light of the parking fee at least.

If I take the Disney Bus from the airport (meaning no car), does that mean no parking fee on the hotel bill, or is this charge included for everyone regardless. I've never been on property with my vehicle but I understand hotel guests get a park parking pass, so I'm guessing if I don't get one of those, then I won't have to pay the hotel parking fee, but wanted to check with those with more experience than myself. Thanks.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
If I take the Disney Bus from the airport (meaning no car), does that mean no parking fee on the hotel bill, or is this charge included for everyone regardless. I've never been on property with my vehicle but I understand hotel guests get a park parking pass, so I'm guessing if I don't get one of those, then I won't have to pay the hotel parking fee, but wanted to check with those with more experience than myself. Thanks.

I don't think you would pay anything for parking. When you check in, you'll be asked if you have a car.

Reactions: JoeCamel
They're going to keep looking at things that are currently free that could be quick cash grabs when necessary. I'm sure some version of MaxPass will be on its way in the near future.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Disney already reversed course on slowly killing The monorail and on Cinemagine Park because of leaks and social media outrage.

I don't see them doing it again.
I disagree.

The Cinemagine leak seemed more purposeful. I’m sure that management was planning to gauge social media reaction and the leak was part of a master plan.

The monorail sure wasn’t. If social media outrage did change monorail plans, it shows that a large outrage will make Disney change their mind.

I see no reason why Disney couldn’t do the same for parking. But, I dont see a particular event acting as a spark for social media outrage. There won’t be an equivalent of a monorail with its door open or a monorail piece falling off.

That's such a small segment of WDW guests who have access to that. It's literally only guests staying in club level at Deluxe hotels for 3 nights+...

WDW - Only Deluxe for now. Then I expect it to widen once they know how SWL / and standby queues generally are impacted.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think even though this may be in part aimed to keep guests from leaving disney, it's also likely that people are more attracted to stay by Universal and just drive over to disney if it is pay to park anyway and transport service around Disney is declining. Universal has an advantage in that if you have options offsite that are still convenient enough if you don't want to pay for onsite hotels and parking. That can be a real game changer for affordability of a vacation for a lot of guests.

Disney in California is going to compete with this very same issue soon. I went to the park today and had a 1 hour 20 minutes parking experience where all parking lots to the resort were closed due to capacity. Parking attendants were having guests park, including me, in unmarked areas of Mickey and Friends Parking Structure. I understand that the Pinocchio Parking Structure is underway and will add increased space available, but this is a poor way of functioning while construction continues. Security is now inside the first level of Mickey and Friends. Why not just add parking fees into the resort ticket prices? I know they never will...but there must be a short term solution??? Downtown Disney has already had its social media outcry for its change in pricing. My suggestion is to eliminate lots all together and streamline the parking experience by eliminating the toll booths.