Disney World's Solar Farm | Inside Universal Forums

Disney World's Solar Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
JfluOfP.jpg

Looks great from the sky, but it's ugly as sin driving past it. It's all a marketing ploy too because the amount of electricity that that area will provide is laughably low for how much WDW uses.

^ Thanks. I read the article, and just to clarify, it says it will create the power equivalent to solar systems on 1000 homes. It is unclear if a home solar system is enough to power that one home.

^ Thanks. I read the article, and just to clarify, it says it will create the power equivalent to solar systems on 1000 homes. It is unclear if a home solar system is enough to power that one home.
Considering each panel is only running at 5 MW, this is doing almost nothing. It's basically just a foot in the door.

The largest solar field in the world has panels running at up to 600MW and 39 currently in the world running at over 100MW. List of photovoltaic power stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, that's really disappointing. I have a love/hate relationship with renewable energy. I see the need and benefit but wind farms in Scotland are ruining the beautiful landscape giving very little in return.

Considering each panel is only running at 5 MW, this is doing almost nothing. It's basically just a foot in the door.

The largest solar field in the world has panels running at up to 600MW and 39 currently in the world running at over 100MW. List of photovoltaic power stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honest question, you mention that this 20 acre site is a foot in the door. But just before that you said "especially since its 20, not 30." Would 10 more acres really make a measurable difference when 20 is barely a foot in the door?
Not trying to be snarky, honest question. My dad's the electrician, I have zero knowledge on it haha.

Honest question, you mention that this 20 acre site is a foot in the door. But just before that you said "especially since its 20, not 30." Would 10 more acres really make a measurable difference when 20 is barely a foot in the door?
Not trying to be snarky, honest question. My dad's the electrician, I have zero knowledge on it haha.
My "20, not 30" comment was unrelated. I thought I heard on average a 30 acre site can power site so I was saying that since it isn't even 20, it's even less powerful.

Either way, the wattage is pitiful regardless of acreage. They could've made the panels MUCH stronger than 5MW and 20 acres would have done a decent job.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts