Disney+ | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’d get another month to see Aida again, but only original cast. Problem is, I actually doubt they have a really good film of it. Filming a stage production with any quality takes a lot. I doubt they have them just for posterity. If they did, every show would already have it. I know they have Newsies, but I don’t know if it’s still on Netflix or if it’s already moved to D+.

Aladdin isn’t going do what Hamilton did though. The show just doesn’t have the cultural following it needs to matter. It feels more like “we have it, let’s show it.”

Im really interested to see what happens with this Aida revival/national tour they’re working on. It was supposed to open in LA this fall, I believe, but last I checked, they were moving forward with a premiere in Germany, while the U.S. is in shambles lol. The original production is magic and no one is Heather Headley, but if they going to the trouble of reviving this show, they must have faith they can do something great with it. Because let’s be real, who - besides me - was asking for an Aida revival? Lol. But anyway, it’ll be fun to see if they think whatever they’re cooking up will be worth filming and putting on Disney+.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Im really interested to see what happens with this Aida revival/national tour they’re working on. It was supposed to open in LA this fall, I believe, but last I checked, they were moving forward with a premiere in Germany, while the U.S. is in shambles lol. The original production is magic and no one is Heather Headley, but if they going to the trouble of reviving this show, they must have faith they can do something great with it. Because let’s be real, who - besides me - was asking for an Aida revival? Lol. But anyway, it’ll be fun to see if they think whatever they’re cooking up will be worth filming and putting on Disney+.
:bigeye:

I didn’t know this was happening. That’s exciting. As good as the original show was, it was very much a product of the times with some try-hard-esque production choices (the laser pyramid, and both “Another Pyramid,” and “Like Father, Like Son”).

But, damn, I’d kill for a modern take of “Dance of the Robe” and “Strongest Suit.”

Reactions: ChristopherSE
None of the big trades are running the story (yet), so I'm not sure how accurate it is. She's been rumored for a while.

That said, she's basically ideal casting. Putting her with Renner's Barton-Hawkeye (who was a low-key MVP in ENDGAME) would make it a show I'd instantly want to watch.

None of the big trades are running the story (yet), so I'm not sure how accurate it is. She's been rumored for a while.

That said, she's basically ideal casting. Putting her with Renner's Barton-Hawkeye (who was a low-key MVP in ENDGAME) would make it a show I'd instantly want to watch.
It does seem like it might be just bad info. It seems like this may have originated from MCU Cosmic, who has a pretty spotty record to be kind.

I both love and hate how Marvel is refusing to let characters die.....like Thor is going to be giving his title to someone....Cap did....so is Black Widow and now this...like it's almost a commentary on reboots
Marvel still has sooooo many hero's but they are really slow to give them to us...I'm much more excited for Ms Marvel, Blade and She Hulk than these second hand me downs.

Also I love Falcon and wish he could have just kept that title, because unless he gets powers I'm just confused on how he can take Cap's spot....once again love the guy but he lost to Ant Man on Ant man's first mission

It's definitely going to be interesting to see if the "successors" are able to maintain the audience's interest and affection.

In the actual comics, that's been hit or miss. Some of the "new versions" have worked, others have bombed and essentially necessitated bringing the classic versions of the characters back.

I both love and hate how Marvel is refusing to let characters die.....like Thor is going to be giving his title to someone....Cap did....so is Black Widow and now this...like it's almost a commentary on reboots
Marvel still has sooooo many hero's but they are really slow to give them to us...I'm much more excited for Ms Marvel, Blade and She Hulk than these second hand me downs.

Also I love Falcon and wish he could have just kept that title, because unless he gets powers I'm just confused on how he can take Cap's spot....once again love the guy but he lost to Ant Man on Ant man's first mission

The comics have been a subject of evolution. It really isn't a surprising thing to see the characters leave--especially as the actor's depart.

I'm interested to see Falcon and Winter Soldier--and Hawkeye, to see how Marvel tackles the subject of moving forward and changing who leads. Especially in the case of Hawkeye, as Hailee really excites me from what she was able to do with a singular Transformers movie.

The comics have been a subject of evolution. It really isn't a surprising thing to see the characters leave--especially as the actor's depart.

I'm interested to see Falcon and Winter Soldier--and Hawkeye, to see how Marvel tackles the subject of moving forward and changing who leads. Especially in the case of Hawkeye, as Hailee really excites me from what she was able to do with a singular Transformers movie.
For sure the actors they are choosing seem to be good choices...but it's going to be hard to make some of these characters "better" than the OG.

Like Haweye starts out and no one cares then you see him as a family man/fighting in battles he doesn't need to be out and like him for it. Or Sam taking over Captain America...what an act to follow. Captain American from the MCU is just such a great character how do you follow that up?

Rather of just left him as Falcon and him become his own thing.
It is hit or miss but I'm just saying I'd rather see Fantastic 4, Xmen, Ghost rider and DareDevil over second generation hero's from people who literally are just leaving now...not years ago but within 12 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpyderDan
For sure the actors they are choosing seem tobe good choices...but it's going to be hard to make some of these characters "better" than the OG.

Like Haweye starts out and noone cares then you see him as a family man/fighting in battles he doesn't need to be out and like him for it. Or Sam taking over Captain America...what an act to follow. Captain American from the MCU is just such a great character how do you follow that up?

Rather of just left him as Falcon and him become his own thing.
It is hit or miss but I'm just saying I'd rather see Fantastic 4, Xmen, Ghost rider and DareDevil over second generation hero's from people who literally are just leaving now...not years ago but within 12 months.
Part of the dramatic stakes comes from exactly that: how does Sam fill Captain America’s shoes? But the characters are always shifting and changing. There was a time when Captain America actually renounced the USA and went by “Nomad.” So, what Marvel is doing here is is actually pretty par for the course. Steve passes the shield the Sam. Tony gives a suit to Pepper (Rescue) and Riri (Iron Heart - which needs a Disney+ show so bad). It’s just comics.

And we’re going to continue seeing more Marvel franchises come to the big screen. I expect Fantastic Four to likely kick off phase 5. X-Men will likely start showing up in phase 6 (because they need time for perceptions to settle on those). Once they get the Daredevil rights back from Netflix, I expect Drake to start popping up (possibly in the next Spider-Man, defending Peter against the murder allegations), because they need a lawyer and the “courtroom drama” genre hasn’t been tackled by Marvel yet. They’re setting up the possible use of Ghost Rider (who they nailed in Agents of SHIELD), by introducing more horror-based stuff with Dr. Strange 2 and Blade.

Give them time.

Part of the dramatic stakes comes from exactly that: how does Sam fill Captain America’s shoes? But the characters are always shifting and changing. There was a time when Captain America actually renounced the USA and went by “Nomad.” So, what Marvel is doing here is is actually pretty par for the course. Steve passes the shield the Sam. Tony gives a suit to Pepper (Rescue) and Riri (Iron Heart - which needs a Disney+ show so bad). It’s just comics.

And we’re going to continue seeing more Marvel franchises come to the big screen. I expect Fantastic Four to likely kick off phase 5. X-Men will likely start showing up in phase 6 (because they need time for perceptions to settle on those). Once they get the Daredevil rights back from Netflix, I expect Drake to start popping up (possibly in the next Spider-Man, defending Peter against the murder allegations), because they need a lawyer and the “courtroom drama” genre hasn’t been tackled by Marvel yet. They’re setting up the possible use of Ghost Rider (who they nailed in Agents of SHIELD), by introducing more horror-based stuff with Dr. Strange 2 and Blade.

Give them time.
I get that but when you have 5 characters with that kinda arc...its seems unoriginal. If it was just Sam...fine but we have many character passing it to someone else all at once.

Also would like more of these characters to be gone so we miss them and then someone comes back. Also I know time...but man with the MCU being paused, I wish they pushed the new characters before doing the torch passing. But yeah I'm sure Xmen/Fantastic 4 are in the works for next Phase..but feels sooo far away with this pause

I realize it won’t be for everyone, but “Black is King” was a phenomenal interpretation of The Lion King story and a wonderful piece of art (shown in an actual live action setting, set to some dialogue from the movie and using Beyoncé’s 2019 album “The Gift”).

The Muppets Now show was eh. Was okay, but I wasn’t the biggest fan. I want something at the quality of the 2011 movie again.

Black Is King was STUNNING. Seriously, demo-quality visuals and soundtrack for your home theater. Crazy how great the content off Disney+ looks.

Muppets Now was cute and fun, but I didn't laugh much (only doing the RuPaul interview) and I normally find the Muppets hilarious. I think it's too soon to tell but I'll keep watching.

Reactions: Blue and Nick
The lukewarm response to MUPPETS NOW hurts me! I've added it to my list, but I think I might prioritize revisiting some of the movies first. I rewatch THE MUPPET MOVIE pretty frequently, but it's been quite a while since I watched THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER or MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND.

The lukewarm response to MUPPETS NOW hurts me! I've added it to my list, but I think I might prioritize revisiting some of the movies first. I rewatch THE MUPPET MOVIE pretty frequently, but it's been quite a while since I watched THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER or MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND.
Like @UNIrd, I didn't laugh much. This was only one episode, but there's only 6 episodes in total and each episode plays it fairly similar from what I understand. I thought it was a bit try-hard and trying to be too hip and keeping with trends.

Reactions: belloq87
I expect Drake to start popping up (possibly in the next Spider-Man, defending Peter against the murder allegations)

Drake?

They have a lot of creative potential I suppose but honestly, I've been revisiting Netflix's Daredevil series again and honestly, there is nothing Marvel can do short of bringing back Charlie Cox and co. back to match that show. It is the absolute pinnacle of that character and that corner of the Marvel Universe.