Disney+ | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The question that interests me, is can Disney be the first major service to get away without a free trial? Satan knows how many of those we've each used for each service.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Slightly more adult than the average short from them in terms of subject they were tackling and it would probably be given a PG-13 rating weirdly for use of the word “ass”.

It's funny how all the comments on YouTube are freaking out over that being in a Pixar production despite this little gem.

264lzvvri3e21.jpg

It's funny how all the comments on YouTube are freaking out over that being in a Pixar production despite this little gem.

264lzvvri3e21.jpg
As stated this is going to be a place for Pixar artists to show some work that doesn’t normally make the cut or isn’t normally their style. Doesn’t change how the movies will be.

I swear people can be so dense sometimes if they’re mad over this.

Sooo to bring this up..beginning with Captain Marvel; all films from Disney will be exclusively available for the streaming platform.

So in theory, the last two films for Netflix with Disney will be Mary Poppins Returns and Wreck-It-Ralph 2.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the UK with Sky. I think Sky's deal with Disney ends next year and this could radically change the value of Sky Movies.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the UK with Sky. I think Sky's deal with Disney ends next year and this could radically change the value of Sky Movies.

I wonder if Disney+ will be universal, pardon the pun, content wise, country to country.

I wonder if Disney+ will be universal, pardon the pun, content wise, country to country.

It's going to vary massively by the content deals that they have in place for each country but after a long enough period, all the deals with expire and Disney will be the only place for Disney content. (Legally anyway).

If I was Sky, I would be crapping myself. This idea is now getting floated about as well:

Disney+ makes Sky Movies almost pointless and that Premier League idea makes Sky Sports redundant for most.

How will it work with Sky, isn't Sky Fox and now Fox Disney? (Apologies but I haven't kept very up to date on this)

I think Comcast bought Sky but I'm not sure if it went through or not.

Reactions: leavesonthelawn
It's going to vary massively by the content deals that they have in place for each country but after a long enough period, all the deals with expire and Disney will be the only place for Disney content. (Legally anyway).

If I was Sky, I would be crapping myself. This idea is now getting floated about as well:

Disney+ makes Sky Movies almost pointless and that Premier League idea makes Sky Sports redundant for most.

I think Comcast bought Sky but I'm not sure if it went through or not.

Thanks both!

With so many different streaming services about I imagine we are just going to see a massive increase in piracy?
Maybe in a new style:
Usenet->Napster->Limewire->Torrents->Kodi->IPTV->??

I know I'm at my limit with: Netflix, Amazon Video, WWE Network, Progress, NJPW World, Sky+ & Spotify. Don't think I can justify anymore!

Reactions: Andysol
I know I'm at my limit with: Netflix, Amazon Video, WWE Network, Progress, NJPW World, Sky+ & Spotify. Don't think I can justify anymore!

Whoa- how much is that a month? Do the math (or don't!).

I haven't really put all my subscription numbers down either. I know our generation has pushed for dedicated pricing instead of bulk pricing that the cable companies offered. But we might have cut our noses off to spite our face. At least the cable companies could've argued pricing down on our behalf as a medium while taking their cut. But if this $10+/mo pricing structure continues, there might be a day we're longing for our $70/mo cable bill.

I haven't really put all my subscription numbers down either. I know our generation has pushed for dedicated pricing instead of bulk pricing that the cable companies offered. But we might have cut our noses off to spite our face. At least the cable companies could've argued pricing down on our behalf as a medium while taking their cut. But if this $10+/mo pricing structure continues, there might be a day we're longing for our $70/mo cable bill.

This is true but all of this content is choosing exactly what services you want to have every month rather than signing up for that 400 cable channel package to get those 3 channels I actually watch.

Also with usage the way it is I can see groups of people swapping account access to share content together because not everyone is using their services all at once. (Like person A has Netflix and person B swaps their D+ log on for theirs etc.)

This is true but all of this content is choosing exactly what services you want to have every month rather than signing up for that 400 cable channel package to get those 3 channels I actually watch.

Also with usage the way it is I can see groups of people swapping account access to share content together because not everyone is using their services all at once. (Like person A has Netflix and person B swaps their D+ log on for theirs etc.)
Which is exactly why services are cutting down the number of simultaneous logins.

Reactions: Clive
Sooo to bring this up..beginning with Captain Marvel; all films from Disney will be exclusively available for the streaming platform.

So in theory, the last two films for Netflix with Disney will be Mary Poppins Returns and Wreck-It-Ralph 2.
The end of an era. :lol:

Imo, the quality we’re getting on these platforms is far and away better than anything I’d be getting on cable, though.

Reactions: Clive and Andysol
The end of an era. :lol:

Imo, the quality we’re getting on these platforms is far and away better than anything I’d be getting on cable, though.

Quality aside, it's the ability to pick and choose exactly what you want and have it on demand. With cable it's kind of an all or nothing situation plus a contract to boot.

Individually it might be more expensive if you go for everything all the time but being able to only pay for the sports I watch during the season it's played saves money, as does being able to binge on Amazon or Netflix for a month when a new season of a show comes out that I'm interested in.

Reactions: Nick and RevFreako
Quality aside, it's the ability to pick and choose exactly what you want and have it on demand. With cable it's kind of an all or nothing situation plus a contract to boot.

Individually it might be more expensive if you go for everything all the time but being able to only pay for the sports I watch during the season it's played saves money, as does being able to binge on Amazon or Netflix for a month when a new season of a show comes out that I'm interested in.

This is it right here. I'll pay more for the streamers over cable because the entertainment to noise ratio is higher.