Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland’s Attendance Issues Summer 2019

I’m here at Disney right now. First day Select is back on. Empty. 35 min wait for Falcon. Light wait for everything else.

I think now Disney is pretty worried.

Wait till 2pm and later, that’s when the local passes will soon swamp in.

Yea no one goes anywhere in the first week or two school starts. No amount of seasonal pricing or lifted blackouts can overcome that.

I just checked Touring Plans Disneyland app. 4:00 PM Pacific time (7:00 Eastern) If it is correct, the park must be absolutely dead. Most rides are walk ons, or just a bit more. Millenium Falcon is posted at 35 minutes (if that is correct).

It is 4:58pm at the time of this post and you can still get a Radiator Springs Racers fast Pass for 5:20pm. SoCal Select unblocked as well... ouch.
This is crazy. I need to book a a DL trip soon before they close half the stuff in the parks.

Imagine spending $1 Billion on a land, revamping the pathways for expected big crowds, building a new parking garage... and no one shows up.

And yet another landmark day, all AP's allowed, has arrived. Again, small crowds. The apologists who were saying 'just wait for the day all the AP's are unblocked, then you'll see how crowded it is', are wrong for the third time. Oh well, they still have the RotR debut to fall back on. I keep saying it, people aren't dumb, they'll attend GESWL once Chapek brings back all the entertainment & streetmosphere he cut, put some stuff in that you don't have to pay a small fortune to do (not much to do if you won't spend the big money on lightsabers or robot parts, or willing to squeeze into a telephone booth sized bar to buy expensive drinks from rude bartenders)), have a decent restaurant and decent sized bar....and oh yeah, bring back the characters most of us love, not the bland new characters you created to sell merchandise.....So sorry to see this happened like this. A beautiful, immersive new land....lifeless because of budget cuts.

And yet another landmark day, all AP's allowed, has arrived. Again, small crowds. The apologists who were saying 'just wait for the day all the AP's are unblocked, then you'll see how crowded it is', are wrong for the third time. Oh well, they still have the RotR debut to fall back on. I keep saying it, people aren't dumb, they'll attend GESWL once Chapek brings back all the entertainment & streetmosphere he cut, put some stuff in that you don't have to pay a small fortune to do (not much to do if you won't spend the big money on lightsabers or robot parts, or willing to squeeze into a telephone booth sized bar to buy expensive drinks from rude bartenders)), have a decent restaurant and decent sized bar....and oh yeah, bring back the characters most of us love, not the bland new characters you created to sell merchandise.....So sorry to see this happened like this. A beautiful, immersive new land....lifeless because of budget cuts.
I suspect we actually will get the entertainment (droids, etc) and restaurant in SWGE... it just might not be fully rolled out until 2021 or 22. :thud:

I just think it is possible that with the gigantic price increases beyond inflation Disney is the prime candidate for early indicators that a recession is coming, At least their business model seems non sustainable even aside from their increases and ability to discount last minute.

It is 4:58pm at the time of this post and you can still get a Radiator Springs Racers fast Pass for 5:20pm. SoCal Select unblocked as well... ouch.

I...uh....WHAT?!
When I went 4th of July weekend (and around that for the matter), RSR was one of the few attractions to consistently run out of FP's by the afternoon. For it to still have availability for today...wow.

I just think it is possible that with the gigantic price increases beyond inflation Disney is the prime candidate for early indicators that a recession is coming, At least their business model seems non sustainable even aside from their increases and ability to discount last minute.
I've been saying that their business model is unsustainable for awhile. The amount they are putting into the parks is ALSO unsustainable.

The thing is, this was going to happen sooner or later. They eventually would’ve hit the point that the market was not willing to pay. Looks like they have finally reached it.

They must have expected big crowds since they're open 8 AM till Midnight today, plus they had early entry at 7:00 AM. . And they're open 8:00AM to Midnight every day this week except Friday which is 11 AM closing. ....At 7:20 PM Splash & Space Mt. are 15 minutes....And there ain't no hurricane to blame it on.

Last edited:
What a brilliant amazing day in the parks, I don’t regret it at all.

Wonder how busy DHS is gonna be after the hurricane, hmmm.

I'm gonna be honest... it might be some trickery on Disney's part... this might convince me to get that Flex Pass with such low crowds this year... or maybe wait until Flex Gold officially rolls out

Last edited: