Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland’s Attendance Issues Summer 2019

Because it’s not ready? I mean, this ride sounds like it’s been through some crap. If it was ready, it would be open, especially with the problems they’re having.

I know it's not... :lol: Nick, ya gotta start reading the whole convo, man. :lol:

On the other hand, Disney decided to hold off Rise, and now they have a very soft summer with cuts incoming to make up for it.
For whatever reason it is, Disney decided to hold off opening the ride along with the land.

IDK, that's a pretty jaded slant. I don't think they made a decision to hold RotR at all. The more accurate way to put it is they decided not to hold off opening the land till RotR was ready.

I would suspect they don’t want to make all the guests with the higher tier passes angry. It would be pretty frustrating to spend all that money on those passes only to realize you didn’t need to.
Hmm good point, maybe a six months free campaign haha

And now the monorail will suspend service from 11am to 6pm through September. Disney says it's officially due to "heat issues" (which is a load of crap).

IDK, that's a pretty jaded slant. I don't think they made a decision to hold RotR at all. The more accurate way to put it is they decided not to hold off opening the land till RotR was ready.

Forgive my choice of words. Yes - the land should've been "held", not the ride. My intention, especially in response to Evan, was basically to say for whatever the reason was, Rise didn't open with the land.

And now the monorail will suspend service from 11am to 6pm through September. Disney says it's officially due to "heat issues" (which is a load of crap).
Their monorail does have heat issues and will shut down when temperatures go above a certain point. It's possible they are just trying to save labor costs by closing it for now since many days it ends up closing due to heat anyway.

It's almost like they took their Star Wars playbook and copied it for Marvel.

My dream idea for Marvel would be Tony Stark's lab. An interactive experience for kids. Thinking something along the lines of lightsaber building, but with more options including FREE play time. With STEM being such a bit push in schools this kind of thing would be so popular, and give Disney a PR dream. Never happen, but it is nice to dream.

They are going about this all wrong. So they don't want to lift blackout dates because they don't want to anger Platinum Passholders? Yet they want to make all these cuts so that people who are paying a premium are now getting a lesser experience?

Orlando has had to lift blackout dates about every other year recently because Summer has become a much softer season over the years. Disney's has tried their darnedest to distribute crowds throughout the rest of the year and it's worked. Plus, the heat has gotten so bad here that you know what we call people who Disney World in the middle of the Summer? Brave.

If the fear is Platinum Passholders will be angry, even though I can't recall the last time Disneyland has had to even lift blockout dates, then appease them with some exclusives... a Platinum only park entrance, exclusive Galaxy's Edge time before or after park close on select dates, deeper discount on food or merchandise at select locations for a limited time, etc.

The money is there. The fix to these problems is so obvious to most of us. It's mind-boggling that they are putting their feet down on the lift this heavily.

The thing is we will see Disneyland packed again when all the passholders will be coming back. All the Disney apologist will point out it all was a success. But it isn't. The Disney company wanted to add tourist to their parks with an IP that should get Star Wars fans to the park and that didn't help.
I hope it will be better for Disney in Orlando...