Disneyland Food | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Food

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 8, 2010
Portland, OR
Hello all!

About to head for my third Disneyland trip. I was wondering if anyone had any favorite items or must do food (or food to avoid). I’ve had the corn dogs. I’m an adventurous eater as well. I’ve been to Blue Bayou 2x and Carthay Circle. In the future, this can probably also become a general Disneyland food thread.

Disneyland:

-Clam chowder in the bread bowl right by Pirates. It's a hole-in-the-wall, but the clam chowder is bangin'.

-Beignets by Tiana's (Of course!)

-Haven't tried it, but just heard from a coworker that there is a stand by the Fantasyland theater that sells loaded baked potatoes. One of which sells a potato loaded with Al Pastor. If you're not an LA native and don't know what that is....you're in for a real treat!

-For a full meal, my favorites to go to are either Rancho del Zocolo or Tiana's Place. Rancho is good for theme park food. There is better Mexican food out there for sure, but for theme park fare it's good. Tiana's has some really good stuff. Love the potatoes, beans, and BBQ chicken. Cornbread is not bad either. Mac and cheese is really good here.

-Jolly Holiday bakery has a solid beef bierra grilled cheese sandwhich that you can dip into bierra sauce. Highly recommend.

That's all I can think of for Disneyland proper. The full service meals aren;t really worth anything to writer home about (Zocolo is decent and Tiana's is the only standout IMO). But the "snack" places that I just mentioned are where you really want to pay attention to. That's where the good stuff is at.

California Adventure (IMO where the really good food is at):

-Orange chicken burrito by Monsters Inc. It's at the food truck. Sadly I opted to get the beef bulgogi burrito at San Frantokyo, which I am kicking myself for going for instead. I tried the KBBQ one and it was like 75% rice. :( The orange chicken burrito I heard is really good. Absolutely getting that next time I go to DCA.

-If you're there in the morning, hit up the coffee stand by the circular flowery plaza in front of the Pixar Pier entrance bridge. They have an absolutely amazing breakfast burrito that I think rivals some of the better breakfast burrito places in LA! They have a strak and egg burrito with garlic aioli. It's in my top breakfast burrito places. Trust me. It's worth getting up early for.

-Clarabell's has a Guinness float where they put an ice cream bar in there. It's good!

-The Pizza place by Goofy's has good pasta and meatballs. Recommend for a full lunch.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head, but those are the food options I strongly recommend.