Disneyland Resort | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The one thing that I DON'T want them to strictly implement is reserving FastPasses ahead of time. I don't like planning out my trip to Disneyland, I like going with the flow. The can let vacationers do it, but shouldn't force AP holders. I don't know a week or month or even a day in advance what ride I'll want to do at 4:35PM or if it'll be convenient...

That's pretty much what MB tech is. 

I don't mind the bands being added in the future as something optional. I think they would sell quite well.

Star Wars Launch Bay, Marvel HQ, and Hyber Space Mountain signage is up.

22241428544_b8c4cea6b6_k.jpg
22875320351_96c97d83fc_k.jpg
22445798837_2b483f812e_k.jpg
There is also going to be a new show in the Tomorrowland Theater called "Star Wars: Path of the Jedi".
22472029809_bfccdb7964_k.jpg
Star Wars Season of the Force starts November 16.

I'm really hoping they've finally taken out that awkward prosciemum arch from the HISTA days and also tilted the screen back to the wall. I know the film is not going to be much (3D? Maybe?)... but hopefully we at least get that.

Can anyone confirm me with this:

So I haven't been to Disneyland since 2011, right? And the last time I went, I remembered being disappointed with Indiana Jones being somewhat sluggish. I thought it was just getting old.

But is it me, or after the refurbishment in 2013/2014, the ride's a lot faster and rougher, like the way it was back in the day? I was so happy that when the jeep turns, it's super sharp again!

Fixed that for you. ;)

Well, I'll be going to the super late night AP event on Tuesday. Couldn't get anybody to go, so I will be going solo.
HA! But yeah, realistically speaking, adding projections similar to Ghost Galaxy or Hyperspace Mountain to Mummy WILL greatly improve it. I mean...anything is better than neon black lit cutouts...

And lucky! I always have issues getting to go to the AP events at Disney. But considering it's almost always during a work day or when I have to work, and considering I go so often, it's not an issue.

Before my car broke down and robbed me of my vaca fund, I was supposed to go to DL in December. I'm really fuming about that right now, but on the other hand: it'll be there in time. In time.

I watched a walk-through of "Star Wars Launch Bay"... it has some cool stuff on display, but its definitely a one-time visit thing, unless you need more pics of the stuff on display. Honestly, I'm more interested in photo-oping with Vader (and anyone else they add) than I am anything else.

I read a review for the "Path of the Jedi" thing in the Tomorrowland Theatre, it isn't anything exciting. They do apparently incorporate some of the in-theater effects during it, but the person said that if you have to "wait" for it, skip it.

As for Hyperspace Mountain.... what that video doesn't show is that they've also added Admiral Ackbar to the queue video/audio. So it really is kind of a full overlay. Having only seen the video above (besides videos that included the queue), HOLY CRAP! This overlay wipes the floor with Ghost Galaxy!!!! And we all know how awesome Ghost Galaxy is! I can only imagine what experiencing this in person is like, but from video alone... it is one of the most amazing things ever. /fangasm

From what I've heard about the new Star Tours scene addition... It doesn't make any sense continuity wise (as far as Episode 7 goes). Apparently Finn is flying the Falcon (HE IS NOT A PILOT DAMMIT) & we will see Rey climbing the Star Destroyer. "If" this is to be believed, it was also said that we will get a throwback to the original Star Tours ride because he will say "Star Tours!? What are you doing here?". Oh and apparently BB-8 will be a new hologram transmission. We'll find out soon enough if any of this is true for the new Star Tours scene addition or not.

See, Disney is being wicked smart with projection-based technology. It's being used to impressively ENHANCE Indiana Jones, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Haunted Mansion, and now Space Mountain. All successfully. And with things like Star Tours, Soarin, and World of Color that are almost entirely projection based, they offer (or will begin to offer) randomized and/or different experiences based on the ride programing or season. Bravo.

The Star Tours addition is JUST for this SotF only and will strip the ride of its randomization for the season. Every ride is Falcon, Jakku, BB8, Naboo. This is due to ST2 usually taking place between PT and OT. I guess Jar Jar is super old (you'd think they would use the more timeless Coruscant instead), but whatever.

I assume the other scenes will randomize next year with the Rogue One addition, and may actually stay. But towards the end of the event in 2017, they will mostly likely change that for an Ep 8 version.

People are going ballistic over Hyperspace Mountain. If it doesn't stay the summer I will eat my hat. It would make zero sense for Disney to reverse it for the summer crowds.

From what I've heard... everyone will get to experience the Jakku/BB8 addition... then "after" Season of the Force ends (whenever that will be), Star Tours will return to its normal "randomization" mode. I'm totally expecting Disney to add more scenarios due to the new movies coming out over the next few years. So in reality, they can make it quite impossible to experience every single combo Star Tours has to offer...

While the pre-determined ride combo does annoy me, I can understand wanting every guest to experience it while also promoting the new movie. I'm just honestly surprised they didn't go the extra mile to include a new "opening" & "ending" as well.

Well... they did say that Hyperspace Mountain was a Season of the Force "ONLY" overlay, but this is Disney and it is Star Wars, so we'll have to wait and see how long it lasts.

As an MJ fan and someone who has a love for physical/optical effects and cheesyness, I loved Captain EO. It just needed a 4K digital restoration.

And yeah, everyone is raving about Hyperspace Mountain, even hardcore traditionalists who hate overlays. I'm so excited for it! I wonder if it's popular enough that they consider keeping it permanently and further making the queue and exterior Star Wars themed, but I guess that might interfere with the new Star Wars land. I guess after Star Wars Land opens and they change Space Mountain, they can simply update all the effects to be similar and high tech like in Hyperspace Mountain but keep it more generic and no reference Star Wars.