Disneyland Resort | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heeeey that's not a bad idea. I may consider that next time I wish to renew my pass. Thanks for the tid bit!

EDIT: Looked it up on Google maps and it's quite a drive from Disney. How long did it take you to get there? 
From Fullerton Park and Ride Lot: 15mins and $1.75 each way.  (also a great place to park when going to Knotts!)

From Fullerton Amtrak/Metrolink Station: 15-25mins depending on which bus you take and $2.00 each way.

From Fullerton Park and Ride Lot: 15mins and $1.75 each way.  (also a great place to park when going to Knotts!)

From Fullerton Amtrak/Metrolink Station: 15-25mins depending on which bus you take and $2.00 each way.
Nice! That will save me $14 next time I go. Thanks for the info! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'd have a riot on your hands if Disney did that haha. The current plan is to hide it via a tunnel/faux berm and allude to it via train narration.

I thought about the Aladdin closure, and I think it is a significant important event in DCA's history. This is easily the first major, significant closure that will lend a sense of cherished history to DCA. It builds a legacy for the park and adds a layer that it has not yet shared with its sister across the way. Growing up with DCA, it warms my heart greatly.
Good point! Had not thought about it in that way.

Kylo Ren made his debut at Disneyland yesterday, and like Vader... he talks! Unfortunately, I believe he has replaced Vader. Hopefully they will rotate them out like normal characters once the Episode 7 hype dies down. Not gonna lie, I'd love to see Kylo waiting in line to meet Vader... it would be hilarious.

As for Captain Phasma, hopefully she never shows up at Disneyland. Its bad enough the character was thrown into the movie only because JJ Abrams was a fan of the actress.

In regards to Star Wars Land itself, while I'm excited & can't wait for it to be built... I have this sinking feeling that it won't be as great as it could/should be rides/attractions-wise. So far from what they have released doesn't exactly make me say "OMG ITS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME!!!!". I got that kind of reaction from the "Hyperspace Mountain" overlay, but NOT the Millennium Falcon ride/attraction they keep trying to hype up. I have a feeling part of that has to do with the fact that its just another simulator type of experience. While I know I should expect that from a franchise like Star Wars which is comprised of so many different worlds, I feel like they already have that type of ride covered with "Star Tours", which is pretty much perfect (except for the fact that Finn is flying the Falcon in the new Jakku scene & he isn't a pilot, hence his reason for needing Poe in TFA).

I remember Disney saying that they were shelving all of their Star Wars ride/attraction concepts so they can create new ones based on the new movies... Honestly, that is a bit unfortunate because as I mentioned before, they have an X-wing/Tie-fighter coaster concept that was never built at DHS. Considering, we have both types of ships in TFA, I don't see why that concept couldn't be used still. Just think of THAT dueling coaster concept, but with the overlay they used for Hyperspace Mountain!

I do have to wonder though, what will happen to Star Tours & Jedi Training Academy in Tomorrowland when this new land opens? I figured they plan to create a new permanent Jedi Training Academy location in the new land, but again... what will happen to Star Tours?

I personally think SWL will blow WWoHP out of the Galaxy. I think it will be amazing. Already early tumors have me excited. If that Stormtrooper dark ride is really going to be as big as MC is saying (which is the entire size of Toontown), then WHOA.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Not out of the realm of possibility to move a ride. Tokyo Disneyland will be moving/rebuilding It's a Small World elsewhere, and that's a boat ride.

Orlando is apparently building their Star Wars Land around their Star Tours, so maybe ours has the same goal, since they were announced to be the same size. But if it does move, I'd like it to be even more upgraded than it currently is.

In place of the current ride, they can put in a new version of the the new Iron Man attraction from Hong Kong. I have a feeling that once Star Wars Land opens, Marvel will infiltrate Tomorrowland even more, if it doesn't already do that to DCA by then, as rumored.

Ideally I'd love to see Tomorrowland become more like it's namesake film, but since that unfortunately flopped, and since Disney is dead set on using only IPs, I think that's what they'll plan for Tomorrowland eventually. At least Tony Stark's Stark Expo fits the theme almost perfectly!

We do have enough details on the Millennium Falcon attraction to know that it seems to be a simulator in vein of Epcot's terrible "Mission Space" ride, only with guests in the Falcon's cockpit. Honestly, THAT doesn't sound very exciting.

I haven't heard/read anything about this rumored Stormtrooper ride, of course I haven't been keeping up with any of the circulating rumors. I highly doubt that Disney is planning to build a dark ride the size of Toon Town, that just doesn't sound plausible at all. And considering Toon Town has a dark ride & kiddie coaster amongst its area, I'm not buying what this rumor is selling.

What exactly would you want to see as far as upgrades go to Star Tours, IF they were to move it? I know they will probably add more scenario options to increase the "different ride every time" combos. Its pretty much a perfect ride as far as queue, easter eggs, & experience goes. At least for a ride of its kind that is.

In regards to Tomorrowland... it is unfortunate that they seem to be going the IP-route with the land, but I would certainly love it if they gave it the proper futuristic tron-esque sci-fi makeover it deserves. As great as the Marvel meet-n-greets are (and the new Kylo Ren), it'd be nice to see that building used for a new ride/attraction. If Star Tours was relocated, that's another spot for something new (preferably non-Marvel). The Tomorrowland theatre is devoid of a proper attraction with Captain EO gone. Rockit Rods track sits dormant. The land is in need of some serious money dumped into it.

Also... did anyone else catch that "early tumors" has Freak excited? :lol:

We do have enough details on the Millennium Falcon attraction to know that it seems to be a simulator in vein of Epcot's terrible "Mission Space" ride, only with guests in the Falcon's cockpit.
No we do not actually. Everything right now is pure speculation. All we know is that there is a ride that will put riders in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon. Mission: Space is a notoriously unpopular attraction, and I highly doubt this is the ride system they are using.

Mission: Space was planned to be ported over to DLR as well but as it's not exactly the most popular attraction and makes more people sick than FJ & Dragon Challenge combined, I also doubt we'll see anything like that.

I just hope that besides some kind of simulator that we get some kind of new immersive dark ride adventure as well, on the scale of Indiana Jones or bigger.

Reactions: Ryan
Yup, Innoventions. Very close in size. Even the toned down version is a bit too much from what I've heard. Although very bold and unique, not exactly the smartest thing Disney has done, creating a theme park attraction based off claustrophobic professional astronauts' training equipment system.

The only simulator tech I'd like to see used again and upgraded is the Soarin' tech. Something with a massive screen or screens. But the new Avatar banshee ride is supposed to be just that, so it'll be interesting to see if Disney also uses that for the Millennium Falcon ride.

As for a high paced dark ride...I have no idea what they could do besides have us race through a star battle ship or some planet. I'm more curious about what Imagineering will think of than anything else!

I've done the tame Mission: Space only due to the fact that I can't stand very spinny rides and I'm sure a NASA-grade centerfuge (they really went for it huh) would destroy me. If you have full-on claustrophobia then yea it's absolutely a no-go either way. I could handle, even then it's a bit uncomfortable.

The buttons and displays right in your face is neat, but the CGI in the ridefilm is woefully dated and poorly paced. The ride literally ends on a cliffhanger. Seriously. No shock that modern day Epcot plays host to yet another attraction that underwhelms on every level conceivable.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I don't think Mission Space is terrible, it was cool for what it was. It wasn't great or anything but I liked it. I did the "more intense" version and it only disappointed me because I expected something more crazy, I don't understand how that ride messes people up. I also don't think they'd do the falcon ride like that, if they did, I'd be very disappointing.

As for the stormtrooper dark ride, as cool as that sounds, no way it would be the size of Toontown, no way in this current age of Disneyland would they spend that much space on one ride, also what would they do for it to be that long, stormtroopers never did much then hit their heads on walls or give away the shield to the base when you were sold on being a badass character in marketing