Disneyland Resort | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As much as I hate it, controversy and pushing the limits of what you can do gets eyeballs on the internet.

There's nothing wrong with documenting and trying to build a media empire from your lifestyle (I wouldn't but I'm boring) and trying to get compensated for your effort, but it's mentally exhausting thinking about the crap they do with all of the being first to everything and having a hot take that's really not that hot.

TLDR:
91sn32Q.jpg

I think, generally, if you’re a frequent visitor of the parks and you wanna start vlogging your trips—go right ahead. We can all choose to watch or not. I’ve watched some vloggers before and enjoyed their content, other’s not so much.

For me, it’s just the fact that employees have been waiting to get back to work, local guests have been waiting to visit, I hate to see it get ruined or suffer any setbacks because an out-of-state You Tuber thinks they’re entitled to visit as well, when Disney and state guidelines are telling him not to.

As much as I hate it, controversy and pushing the limits of what you can do gets eyeballs on the internet.

There's nothing wrong with documenting and trying to build a media empire from your lifestyle (I wouldn't but I'm boring) and trying to get compensated for your effort, but it's mentally exhausting thinking about the crap they do with all of the being first to everything and having a hot take that's really not that hot.

TLDR:
91sn32Q.jpg
I'm not against making something of your own

I think its the fact that some want "special" treatment when they are literally getting paid already to visit theme parks would make many people just not wan them to succeeded.

Also and I'm not trying to attack anyone just my thoughts, but I hateeeeeeee Bloggers faking everything is nice or good. Like I rarely see Youtube bloggers do much but praise Disney no matter what the Main Street Theater was the last time I remember them kinda criticizing Disney and even then they were like "but im sure the store will be unqiue and up to Disney Standard"
I don't trust anyone who likes everything, I love the MCU but Thor 2, Ironman 2, Antman 2 and even in many ways Ultron are not what they should have been and were held back by people being rushed into something or making a film that didn't really doesn't add to the main story and feels pointless compared to other films

In the end, I wish no one ill will but think some bloggers take advantage of fans and just wish we had better people reporting on theme parks. I do want to say I think this site and Micechat are good at being a more old school approach to reporting the parks

Edit: changed Antman 3...to Antman 2 which is the film I ment

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBlonde
I'm not against making something of your own

I think its the fact that some want "special" treatment when they are literally getting paid already to visit theme parks would make many people just not wan them to succeeded.

Also and I'm not trying to attack anyone just my thoughts, but I hateeeeeeee Bloggers faking everything is nice or good. Like I rarely see Youtube bloggers do much but praise Disney no matter what the Main Street Theater was the last time I remember them kinda criticizing Disney and even then they were like "but im sure the store will be unqiue and up to Disney Standard"
I don't trust anyone who likes everything, I love the MCU but Thor 2, Ironman 2, Antman 3 and even in many ways Ultron are not what they should have been and were held back by people being rushed into something or making a film that didn't really doesn't add to the main story and feels pointless compared to other films

In the end, I wish no one ill will but think some bloggers take advantage of fans and just wish we had better people reporting on theme parks. I do want to say I think this site and Micechat are good at being a more old school approach to reporting the parks

Ant Man 3 didn't happen yet! There's still a chance it could be goofy fun.

But yeah I don't watch too many of these bloggers because at the end of it, it feels too much propaganda and drinking the corporate Kool Aid as they shill Disney in hopes for getting comp tickets or access.

Disney vacations are very expensive, and to have a suboptimal experience for something that costs so much in unfortunate, so I feel like a lot of people just try to keep the faces smiling so everyone is happy thinking they got their money's worth. That's why I prefer drilling down and looking for opinions and reviews on very specific things (typically food and drink) so I can get what is the best, but the general "look at me while I'm doing vacation-y things" feels egotistical to me.

Regarding the reservation and ticketing system, I had honestly forgot that they were going on sale. Around 2 PM I attempted to get in line and my reservations were confirmed around 12 AM. I basically just left the computer on and went about my day. By the time I got in, the reservations for almost every day were still available. Not sure if people were scared off by the system, or are waiting for some kind of Annual Pass system to return but even looking at the calendar today a majority of the dates are still open. If the Avengers Campus wasn't going to be open I don't think we would have done it.

Well you all shamed Adam the Woo to not travel to California and go to Disneyland on opening day. Good job.

It's not a matter of shaming him, it's a matter of common sense. If he's not vaccinated, and if California still restricts out of state residents (Atleast until the restrictions ease [which could happen sooner considering the changes being made to the ammendums]); that he can wait out until the point of which California lifts the restrictions for out of state travel.

To speak on that change though, I do think that's..becoming an increasingly interesting subject, considering recent changes. I brought up the thread breaking it down on SeaWorld San Diego, but I am bringing it up here too, as I am intently curious to see Disney's stance on this on April 30th.

I'm glad he took the feedback

Funny he said it was about seeing his parents...some people really can;t just be straight with you

Reactions: Mad Dog
Disneyland tested a “life size” Tinker Bell meet and greet during Touch of Disney:
Gross. So this is just "Turtle Talk with Crush", but replaced with Tinkerbell...

I'm sure this comes off as a good "no contact" character experience, but I much prefer getting the real physical meet-n-greet with Tinkerbell (and friends) over in Pixie Hollow.

Gross. So this is just "Turtle Talk with Crush", but replaced with Tinkerbell...

I'm sure this comes off as a good "no contact" character experience, but I much prefer getting the real physical meet-n-greet with Tinkerbell (and friends) over in Pixie Hollow.

I don’t know. I think with Tink this actually works. I love that it’s an actual actor and not some animated thing. Lots of neat little effects and moments during the experience.

I think this would be hugely popular to get to meet Tink in a “realistic” way.

Turtle Talk also uses an actual actor too, animated or not.. This can be all glammed up with effects, but it's still something clearly dreamed up for the current pandemic era. If this was something they wanted to build into the Peter Pan queue, sure.

This severely looses the physical in person experience you get with Tinkerbell & her friends standing infront of you.

After a year of the park being closed, this is the complete opposite of what I'd want when going

Reactions: Freak
I don't know man, I think it's pretty cool. Granted, I don't care much for meet and greets with face characters, but I'd probably go do this. This seems like a whole attraction with effects and such. I have no interest in going to meet some Cal State Fullerton sorority girl dressing up as Tinkerbell, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief if she's the size of a thumb.

Pixie Hollow isn't a huge space, but if they want to replace it with something else or a different character so they can do this in DCA, I'm all for it.

Youtube vlogger Adam the Woo posted a video today stating that he was planning on attending the reopening of Disneyland. I’m curious to see if Disney will allow him to attend the reopening even though he’s currently a Florida resident (Adam claims he’s a dual resident of Florida and California). Also he will likely defy the Cali’s travel quarantine rules so that’s another issue that Disney will have to consider before deciding whether to allow one of the most prominent theme park Vloggers to attend the reopening.
This is the same guy that waltzed right into the abandoned Nickelodeon Studios and is now banned from UO

I'm not surprised he's trying this

Reactions: SkiBum
A Rocket/Groot show to me would make more sense

Tink is just too girlish for me, I know some boys like her too but I never connected to that character and the new movies for sure were not aiming for everyone. I like when the shows are more characters everyone likes and not for boys or girls.