Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

RIP those stand-by lines.

Why Monsters? I feel like that ride has become kind of forgotten.
As Disney fools their customers into thinking they're getting more (more fastpass attractions) stuff so they can charge more for that stuff with higher ticket prices. Dopamine theory. :lol:

RIP those stand-by lines.

Why Monsters? I feel like that ride has become kind of forgotten.

Monsters is the only attraction I can think of they could conceivably affix FASTPASS to... everything else just doesn't have the capacity. Its standby queues have been kind of nuts recently, though, so I imagine this will only make the problem worse.

I recall Autopia once had FASTPASS and it made standby queues hell.

It's all being done to increase the perceived value of MAXPASS, of course.

Mice Chat reported there was a fire behind the Emporium & Firehouse this evening. Power went out on the West side of Main St and all of Adventureland. . Some bamboo trees on the Jungle Cruise also reportedly caught fire. Story trending at this moment...UPDATE:..Fire has just been contained. There's a good Twitter account view of the flames shooting out behind the Emporium on Mice Chat.com.

Last edited:
Luckily, this was quickly extinguished. Unlike the fire station behind Knott's that caught fire 3 years ago in which, unfortunately, they were unable to save. Talk about ironic.

Last edited:
God they're insufferable. Thrilled that my last trip to Disney for quite sometime will be in 2020, its just absurd at this point. Hell, I'm even a shareholder!

The worst thing is how fast the price of Maxpass has risen. It started at 10 dollars a day and 75 dollars a year as an AP addon in 2017. Less than 3 years later, and the price per day has risen 100% and the price for Maxpass as an AP addon has risen 66%. It is soon going to be as expensive as the Gold Flash Pass addon for Diamond Elite Memberships at Magic Mountain, and that is a far better service then Maxpass, since you can arrive to the park at almost any time and be able to reserve anything you want that accepts Flash Pass. With Maxpass, you can be in the park 5-6 hours before close on busy days and almost everything you need a Fastpass for will have no availability.

The worst thing is how fast the price of Maxpass has risen. It started at 10 dollars a day and 75 dollars a year as an AP addon in 2017. Less than 3 years later, and the price per day has risen 100% and the price for Maxpass as an AP addon has risen 66%. It is soon going to be as expensive as the Gold Flash Pass addon for Diamond Elite Memberships at Magic Mountain, and that is a far better service then Maxpass, since you can arrive to the park at almost any time and be able to reserve anything you want that accepts Flash Pass. With Maxpass, you can be in the park 5-6 hours before close on busy days and almost everything you need a Fastpass for will have no availability.
Looking like they might add a version of Max Pass to WDW next year too, if what insiders say is correct.