Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

It’s no surprise that this Summer could very well be even worse than last year. Since we will likely hit a recession from this, will Disney finally bite the bullet and be forced to lower their prices? If they don’t, they’ve really trapped themselves into a corner.

I think we end up seeing more temporary deals than price reductions. Like but 2 days get 2 free or something. That applies more to WDW than DL, but I'm sure they will find something similar for there. If they drop prices and things bounce back, they catch major flack for raising prices back up again. They do temporary sales they can just say the sale was only for a limited time even if they keep extending it indefinitely.

I bet the locals will flock to DL once lockdown’s over and they reopen. Tourism will take a few years to pick back up.

Hopefully they’re taking this opportunity to expedite some of the refurbs and routine maintenance.

Here's a bonus for anyone in LA County. Free $25 gift certificate towards a holiday meal.

Good on them closing on Christmas

I'm planning on going this weekend to DLR and will report on the line to get in and what no, so you can decide if its worth it to visit

Good on them closing on Christmas

I'm planning on going this weekend to DLR and will report on the line to get in and what no, so you can decide if its worth it to visit
I mean, why would you want the stores to be open on Christmas? Who’s going to do Christmas shopping on that day? On top of that, you’re paying $10 to park and just shop and you’re not even allowed to drink water!

I mean, why would you want the stores to be open on Christmas? Who’s going to do Christmas shopping on that day? On top of that, you’re paying $10 to park and just shop and you’re not even allowed to drink water!
While this is at least good for the few CMs getting hours, I wonder how long Disney can sustain being open during this shutdown period. CM’s get paid what, $15/hour? And from what I’ve seen recently, there’s pretty much no one there anymore. I’m sure they aren’t doing well, but probably don’t want to shutdown again, either.

I had largely avoided DTD because I kept hearing how crowded it is (and experienced it for myself the few times I went).

Strangely, the Stay at Home order seems to have made crowds more manageable, so I'm actually inclined to visit. Personally, I never found the foot at DTD all that good anyway, so I won't really miss it all that much. It's just strange that the most dangerous time in the pandemic has oddly made it possibly the safest condition to visit DTD by lowering the crowds so much.

I had largely avoided DTD because I kept hearing how crowded it is (and experienced it for myself the few times I went).

Strangely, the Stay at Home order seems to have made crowds more manageable, so I'm actually inclined to visit. Personally, I never found the foot at DTD all that good anyway, so I won't really miss it all that much. It's just strange that the most dangerous time in the pandemic has oddly made it possibly the safest condition to visit DTD by lowering the crowds so much.
Parts of DCA are open...which is mainly while I'm going have not stepped into that park in over 5 years

Watching DTD reopen has given me a good idea of what to expect once the entire resort reopens. Crazy packed the first few months, followed by things cooling down a bit once the hardcores get their fill. Been waiting for a full reopen before visiting again - can’t stand the thought of being there and unable to ride anything. Very much looking forward to getting an AP hopefully in 2021!

That pattern isn't exactly new. I was already figuring when the day comes and the resort opens back to normal, I'd wait at least another six months minimum (and likely longer) to let all the uber fans get it out of their system a bit.

That pattern isn't exactly new. I was already figuring when the day comes and the resort opens back to normal, I'd wait at least another six months minimum (and likely longer) to let all the uber fans get it out of their system a bit.

True, but SW:GE seemed to throw that pattern off a bit. I went opening week and was pleasantly surprised by how dead it was. But, yeah I’ll wait several months. Plus, USH is a 8 min drive for me, so I’ll probably be spending a lot of time there first.

So While maybe it will have a slow Period...this is a forced slow time. If Dinning was opened DTD would be packed until the second week of next year.

I went today and it was dead, walked into DCA the longest line was for The Star Wars store which is only because of how small it is and that event took less then ten mins.

It was nice walking into DCA again and if you really have nothing to do and want to get out its not bad because really no one is going there until dining opens again

Went to DTD/DCA last night

The biggest surprise was it had the longest line of cars to get in and about 15 mins to get through the Security process. It was busier than I thought it would be but getting in DCA was easy...no line to get into that but the line for the DTD Disney store was 45-60 mins. 30+ mins to get into the Galaxy Edge Store and if yo wanted to buy something in Hollywood land the line was 30+ mins as well.

So My friend who would have bought some was turned off because they just need to find a way to get people to check outfaster.

It was nice seeing DCA at night and can't wait for February (my guess of when restaurants will open again) and get to go meet friends for dinner in DCA/Disneyland

Went this morning, and even by 11am, the line to get into DTD was nearly a walk on. The line for WOD was nearly down the length of the building, but that's not as bad as it could be. And if you get there right at opening, nearly everything is a walk in, even WOD.

Went this morning, and even by 11am, the line to get into DTD was nearly a walk on. The line for WOD was nearly down the length of the building, but that's not as bad as it could be. And if you get there right at opening, nearly everything is a walk in, even WOD.
Opening is your best bet for shorter lines at the shops and what not....but its really nice at night. Feels more like a Theme Parks they are selling BALLOONS.....feel like everything is "normal" even if really its still very much not even close to that.