Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After hearing the rumors about the Rock N’ Roller Coaster getting a retheme due to the Steve Tyler allegations, do you guys think they would redo it with another band, or go with a film-related IP? I’d actually like them to try out either Metallica or Pearl Jam, but Queen sounds like a realistic choice and It’d be based on the band’s biopic. Not only the movie is a Disney property, the company also owns Hollywood Records, which is Brian’s and Roger’s label. Other than Queen, Breaking Benjamin is another successful band that is on Hollywood too, but that’s not a very popular pick (at least on an international scale).
Electric Mayhem or bust imo

and....DHS's capacity problem will get immeasurably worse, if that's even possible, with a long refurb of this attraction. Perhaps they should have brought some stuff back online, like Mermaid live show, before they went ahead with this.
DHS is a really good park, but it has a serious dearth of attractions.

And Tower of Terror is running at half capacity most days now with one of the drop shafts always down.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: tielo and Mad Dog
Electric Mayhem or bust imo

Not going to lie, it would fit and make sense. Have Animal be the "driver".

How about this...

Turn G-Force records into a Rock n Roll Hall of Fame satellite location. Redo the exterior queue, merge points, and preshow holding area to flow better. Inside the queue are historical rock items, but of course, they've all performed the Muppets in some way. Think - John Denver guitar, Lady Gaga Kermit dress, etc. We are then ushered into the preshow area where a multimedia experience will start featuring this year's latest inductee - The Electric Mayhem. Of course things go wrong and Animal makes a mess, not before the band can invite you to the induction after party across town. They all leave in a hurry before we see a stinger where Animal appears again and goes into the alleyway. We board our vehicles like normal but then Animal takes over as driver of the limo (we hear this aspect through on board radio). Then we're flying through LA with projection mapping, cut outs with depth, and Muppet gags. We finish at the after party where Animal reunites with The Electric Mayhem backstage and Kermit comments about our crazy driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
and....DHS's capacity problem will get immeasurably worse, if that's even possible, with a long refurb of this attraction. Perhaps they should have brought some stuff back online, like Mermaid live show, before they went ahead with this.
DHS is a really good park, but it has a serious dearth of attractions.

This is a fair complaint; the Studios is the smallest park at Disney that desperately needs a Forward-like expansion. But knowing the current state of it, they always hate being involved with controversies more so than Universal, and they always avoid them as one of their top priorities despite causing some problems the other way around.

And Tower of Terror is running at half capacity most days now with one of the drop shafts always down.
Yeah. Supposedly repaired in the Fall, but it's back to being a problem. Between T&T shaft & RnR, that's a hell of a lot capacity shortfall. But knowing Disney, they'll do absolutely nothing
to alleviate the problem.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Yeah. Supposedly repaired in the Fall, but it's back to being a problem. Between T&T shaft & RnR, that's a hell of a lot capacity shortfall. But knowing Disney, they'll do absolutely nothing
to alleviate the problem.
Other than raise the price of Genie+...

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is why I won’t go to a park outside of the after hours events. They’re expensive but there’s just too many people and the value proposition has fallen so far for day the daytime.

EU might be the one thing that gets me to buy a day pass.

Reactions: UNIrd
Anyone know why Lightning McQueen has been down this week? This is the exact type of attraction that could honestly be shuttered any other time of year but NEEDS to be open for these crowds.

Also, incredible that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is not back yet in time for the holiday rush. What is going on with park management over there?

Anyone know why Lightning McQueen has been down this week? This is the exact type of attraction that could honestly be shuttered any other time of year but NEEDS to be open for these crowds.

Also, incredible that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is not back yet in time for the holiday rush. What is going on with park management over there?

"Profit Maximization"

Tons of mold due to them turning off the AC during COVID shut downs. It's totally unviable and needs to be gutted first.

A short term solution to the larger one for RnRC feels like changing the one-band to then include just Hollywood Records in general. No Preshow, but include a mix of artists including Queen as the basis.

Include Ballroom Blitz, Killer Queen, and Don't Stop Me Now; and I think you'd have a gay ol' time before giving it the larger retheme it'd deserve (like Doctor Strange, perhaps).

A short term solution to the larger one for RnRC feels like changing the one-band to then include just Hollywood Records in general. No Preshow, but include a mix of artists including Queen as the basis.

Include Ballroom Blitz, Killer Queen, and Don't Stop Me Now; and I think you'd have a gay ol' time before giving it the larger retheme it'd deserve (like Doctor Strange, perhaps).

If there is one downside, then It’s the factor Disney only has a couple bands that continues to resonate in some ways for years with Queen and Breaking Benjamin. As one way around that could also go, I actually like to see a Rock & Roll montage that emphasizes the genre’s history and the many different styles of rock/guitar based genres as a pre-show, starting with the pioneers of course with Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Fats Domino and other prominent figures all the way to the 2000’s with the White Stripes, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Queens of the Stone Age, Paramore, and many more.

But that’s too much licensing for Disney.