Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No thanks on another rapids ride.. Give me Indy, Mystic Manor, Grizzly Gulch, Radiator Springs, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Tron, that new Pirates Ride, or even this new Peter Pan, hell just give me Nightmare before Xmas overlay at the MK before another rapids ride in central Florida.

I'm not saying I want Roaring Rapids in Frontierland. I just have a feeling that it may happen. With Disney wanting to do something with TSI and with the ropes courses and barrel bridge as part of Roaring Rapids themeing it's seems to collide too strongly with the new rumors of a Frontierland expansion into TSI. Even though, they would probably switch out the Crocasaurs for Monster Bear or something.

No thanks on another rapids ride.. Give me Indy, Mystic Manor, Grizzly Gulch, Radiator Springs, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Tron, that new Pirates Ride, or even this new Peter Pan, hell just give me Nightmare before Xmas overlay at the MK before another rapids ride in central Florida.
We may end up getting the Tron ride system with Star Wars.

Reactions: Andy
If I'm not mistaken, there was a plan in the not too distant past to build a "Tom Sawyer Raft" rapids ride in Frontierland, which then morphed into a "Lone Ranger" version of it (which tanked when the movie did), which is probably the genesis of Roaring Rapids (which by the way is a Six Flags trademarked name here in the U.S.). I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back with some version of the Western River Expedition story/theme elements.

Disney ideas/concepts are never forgotten, they just evolve.

If anyone is curious to what we're gonna see come to DHS in the overhaul I'd be paying very close attention to those Shanghai ride systems.

2 of which, Tron and Peter Pan are very interesting. Also remember it's not out of the question for anything Shanghai to be cloned stateside as the China park has essentially footed Imagineers crazy R&D bills.

what is the Peter Pan ride like? I haven't read or seen anything about it?

even with the star wars land, indy ride, and pixar place I think that DHS would still be number 4 for me on the parks. However if they get all that plus something from the china park I would be more excited. I know people are talking about tron ride system for star wars but id rather just have tron.

Reactions: Cheezbat
even with the star wars land, indy ride, and pixar place I think that DHS would still be number 4 for me on the parks.

Really? With all that, it might shoot to #1 or #2 for me. I already enjoy DHS more than I should as it is.

Niles (TPI) is also saying that a contractor has already been chosen to begin work on Star Wars at DHS. Great news, so this may happen sooner than later down the road. He's saying that Star Wars will be completed at DHS before it's on line at Disneyland.

Niles (TPI) is also saying that a contractor has already been chosen to begin work on Star Wars at DHS. Great news, so this may happen sooner than later down the road. He's saying that Star Wars will be completed at DHS before it's on line at Disneyland.

Robert is usually rock-solid, but I'm hearing he may have gotten his wires crossed on this one. Sounds like a contractor has been hired, but for infrastructure work around DHS.

I'm hoping he's right though.

Reactions: cbconglom
Robert is usually rock-solid, but I'm hearing he may have gotten his wires crossed on this one. Sounds like a contractor has been hired, but for infrastructure work around DHS.

I'm hoping he's right though.
It may well be. A lot of infrastructure work (roads, parking garages, new entrances) is needed for a DHS expansion and that's going to eat up a lot of that targeted expansion money.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts