Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, there goes the neighborhood.:bolt:

Nice to see you here, in all seriousness. This is the poster formerly known at WDWMagic as SirGoofy/HokieSkipper at LP, Spirit. I hope to see you stick around. You're knowledge in the industry would be a nice add to our community here. We mostly focus on the Uni side of things, but when big things start at Disney we jump on it. And it seems to me that big things may be coming.

Again, glad to see you here.

Oh, and I think the "changing the GMR facade" was some patented Spirit sarcasm, everyone.

Thanks and thanks to all the others for the welcome. I've been meaning to join y'all for over a year, but you get busy and I do have another site I enjoy quite a lot (although there sometimes gets to be too many posts to wade through).

Yes, the GMR facade was sarcastic as it has become urban/fanboi/CM myth that there is some 'rights issue' when there never has been and never will be.

I do like the fact you guys focus on UNI, although as much as I absolutely LOVE the way they are running the parks business now (here and around the globe), I will admit I will always be a Disney guy through and through. Certainly doesn't mean I can't rip them or see that UNI is offering a vastly better product right now in O-Town. In other words, my Pixie Dust addiction is long gone, but your first love is always your first.

I'll try and pop in here semi-regularly and bear with me as I am not used to a 'new' (to me) set of boards and may take a bit to get used to.

Oh, and I hope to making Spirited appearances in O-Town around 10/1 for Food and Wine and HHNs ... after I travel out to Radiator Springs.

EDIT: Just wanted to say what I said on MAGIC last week. Major changes are coming to TPFKaTD-MGMS. DCA makeover type changes are being placed on the table. TDO wants RSRs (NOT Carsland, just the ride), but I give that 50/50 at best due to its cost and Anaheim not wanting it replicated in the USA. But you will see some huge differences at Studios in the years ahead and I wouldn't be surprised to see a good portion of what has been placed on the table done before you ever see Pandora at DAK. That still remains a troubled project.

Last edited:
Glad to hear they can remove the hat without having to build another carthay :) thanks for the info can't wait to hear more!

Oh, and I hope to making Spirited appearances in O-Town around 10/1 for Food and Wine and HHNs ... after I travel out to Radiator Springs.

You should go the weekend after. Michael and I will be at HHN the 5-7, with Mike going on the 4th as well.:thumbs:

EDIT: Just wanted to say what I said on MAGIC last week. Major changes are coming to TPFKaTD-MGMS. DCA makeover type changes are being placed on the table. TDO wants RSRs (NOT Carsland, just the ride), but I give that 50/50 at best due to its cost and Anaheim not wanting it replicated in the USA. But you will see some huge differences at Studios in the years ahead and I wouldn't be surprised to see a good portion of what has been placed on the table done before you ever see Pandora at DAK. That still remains a troubled project.

I'm really wondering what will come if it's not RSRs. The park really needs a few more family-draws to try and diminish the waits at TSMM. I think a big RSRs-type and the MI coaster would be the best bets for the park.

I just hope the park also gets its own "Project Sparkle" aesthetics package.

You should go the weekend after. Michael and I will be at HHN the 5-7, with Mike going on the 4th as well.:thumbs:

I can't. Got friends in town around 10-1, including the other 2/3rds of the evil Disney Hating, Fanboi Bashing Brigade (that would be disgruntled ex-Imagineer Lee ... and Jeff Lange's idol, Martin). I may be up through the 5th or so. I have no idea right now. Am planning my annual September LA/Emmys/DLR trip right now (literally looking at flights now!) so I won't be planning that trip until next month.

I'm really wondering what will come if it's not RSRs. The park really needs a few more family-draws to try and diminish the waits at TSMM. I think a big RSRs-type and the MI coaster would be the best bets for the park.

I just hope the park also gets its own "Project Sparkle" aesthetics package.

They have all sorts of things on the possibility list, some that have been leaked, some that haven't ... but the 'makeover' includes more than just attractions as you can (hopefully) expect to see new entertainment and shows and parades ... and new dining too ... and more place-making so the park doesn't feel like it is just a mashup of whatever they could toss in since 1989.

But I am very against RSRs coming. I am tired of cloning.

That also goes with UNI. I'd much rather a mega-attraction coming that wasn't Transformers ... I'm still waiting for their version of Mansion themed to all the great old properties they lensed in the 1930s and 40s. Just imagine what could be done with today's tech and yesterday's IP!

They have all sorts of things on the possibility list, some that have been leaked, some that haven't ... but the 'makeover' includes more than just attractions as you can (hopefully) expect to see new entertainment and shows and parades ... and new dining too ... and more place-making so the park doesn't feel like it is just a mashup of whatever they could toss in since 1989.

Oh I figured all of that would be included in whatever ends up coming about.

That also goes with UNI. I'd much rather a mega-attraction coming that wasn't Transformers ... I'm still waiting for their version of Mansion themed to all the great old properties they lensed in the 1930s and 40s. Just imagine what could be done with today's tech and yesterday's IP!

The Transformers deal is a bit different, seemingly. With the timeline, they needs something they've already built and don't have to worry about testing out new stuff.

I do agree that a Monsters-themed dark ride would be neat. But Uni is pretty awful with AA maintenance, and that seems like an AA necessary ride.

I don't care if RSR is a clone. If they put the same attention to detail in if it gets in built in WDW, I don't care. I don't know when I'll make it out to Disneyland again, and I want to experience one of Disney's best attractions. When something is that great, there's no reason not to clone it. It's not Toy Story, which they cloned from your Wii in the living room.

I've got to agree with jtsalien about the whole clone argument. Not everyone has the money to travel the globe to visit every theme park just to experience their unique rides. If you live in the South or if you live out West, you would rather only have to go to the park closest to you.

At the end of the day, it really is only the rich fanboys arguing about clones. What's the point of arguing about wanting a unique attractions if you can't even visit the other parks to begin with?

I've got to agree with jtsalien about the whole clone argument. Not everyone has the money to travel the globe to visit every theme park just to experience their unique rides. If you live in the South or if you live out West, you would rather only have to go to the park closest to you.

At the end of the day, it really is only the rich fanboys arguing about clones. What's the point of arguing about wanting a unique attractions if you can't even visit the other parks to begin with?

We're not blessed enough in WDW to worry about uniqueness. Just give us something great.

I'm going to DL for the same amount it takes me to fly to WDW/Uni. There's no "rich" involved. Trust me.

I don't care if RSR is a clone. If they put the same attention to detail in if it gets in built in WDW, I don't care. I don't know when I'll make it out to Disneyland again, and I want to experience one of Disney's best attractions. When something is that great, there's no reason not to clone it. It's not Toy Story, which they cloned from your Wii in the living room.

Disney parks shouldn't be like Starbucks or Gaps or Walmarts. Everything doesn't have to be the same. ... I think the problem is fans have stopped believing that WDI/TWDC can deliver great creative product. Disney doesn't need to simply copy things. They are supposed to be a Dream Factory ... we all don't dream the same.

Well, I'm a lucky top 1%er (or I can fake it REALLY well):happy::ears::mickey2: so I have been able to visit all of them. Hell, I've done all of them in the last two years, done three (DLR, WDW, DLP) so far this year and headed back to DLR next month and WDW in Oct. But we're not talking 'bout my wealth, which ain't what it should be, anyway. But since you said clones be only an issues (hey, am I talking Pirate ... do we have Pirate smileys here?) to ''rich fanboys' you sorta opened it up.

The fact that everyone can't vist every park just is a bad and lazy reason to clone attractions instead of adding unique experiences, sometimes a clone is OK, as a rule they aren't.

Disney parks shouldn't be like Starbucks or Gaps or Walmarts. Everything doesn't have to be the same. ... I think the problem is fans have stopped believing that WDI/TWDC can deliver great creative product. Disney doesn't need to simply copy things. They are supposed to be a Dream Factory ... we all don't dream the same.

You go to a Disney park, or experience any branded product because you expect something from it. Does any Haunted Mansion, or Pirates feel less special because there are others around the world? Nope. I'm not saying they should put a Stitch's Great Escape in every park. But when you have something great on your hands, you should make it so the most people possible can experience it. Not every ride needs to be copied, and not every ride needs to be unique. I'm not arguing for cloning as a whole, but if Disney ever created something in the last decade+ that deserves cloning, this is it. Hollywood Studios would be an exponentially better park with something of its caliber. I don't see how you can argue that it wouldn't be.

RSR shouldn't be clone. It's supposed to be DCA's headliner. The thing that makes it the new park it is. Cloning it diminishes how big of a deal the redo was

I disagree. By the time this opened up in WDW, it'd be at least 2016. That's almost 5 solid years for DCA. And IMO, the rest of the little details in the redo will make the bigger difference in the long run. Yeah, right now RSR is the crowd draw, but pretty soon that'll be something new in Disneyland, and it'll be Buena Vista Street and the other Disney touches that were added that have people loving DCA.