Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really don't think they'd invest in the refreshed version of the show (and what I've heard are moderately substantial environmental things that needed to be addressed inside the theater) if they weren't planning on it being around for a while.

So I suspect that Walt Disney Presents/One Man's Dream and Mermaid will remain basically as they are.
One Man’s Dream and Little Mermaid surrounded by even more Pixar rides

View attachment 22709
Makes sense. I am personally hoping for an area themed to Disney Animation proper. Maybe this can be WDW's take on Avengers Campus with a catch all type land that can be updated as time goes on.

Maybe (hopefully) their thinking has finally changed, but I don't think Disney has cared too much about expanding capacity in the last ten years or so. Hence a lot of replacements.
Seems a general theme and/or regional park trend with both Disney and all their rivals. Don't increase capacity, even with large attendance gains. And, sell more fast lane type passes as a profit generator. They all do this, and with particular intent, and damn the guest experience.....But, with huge price increases that have outpaced any inflation rates , and cuts in guest experiences/entertainment, they all seem to be finally hitting a wall. They all got away with it for a long time, but sooner or later that stuff catches up. And, demographic changes caused by the declining birth rate will continue to lessen the percentage of teenagers/early 20's that have been the core of many park's attendance.

Reactions: belloq87
Seems a general theme and/or regional park trend with both Disney and all their rivals. Don't increase capacity, even with large attendance gains. And, sell more fast lane type passes as a profit generator. They all do this, and with particular intent, and damn the guest experience.....But, with huge price increases that have outpaced any inflation rates , and cuts in guest experiences/entertainment, they all seem to be finally hitting a wall. They all got away with it for a long time, but sooner or later that stuff catches up. And, demographic changes caused by the declining birth rate will continue to lessen the percentage of teenagers/early 20's that have been the core of many park's attendance.
There have been some indications/suggestions from insiders that some of Disney's thinking re: expanding capacity may have shifted.

Which would be a good thing.

Reactions: Mad Dog