Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

I see what your saying, and I would definitely go back for a Monsters Inc. coaster. I was at Universal this past June, but had no plans in Disney, because there was nothing that really made me want to go back. Plus the fact that Test Track is down. I think they need a lot more than FLE and this Avatar nonsense if they want to keep their guests from Universal. Looks like Universal is on the RISE!

It'd be awesome if Disney was able to figure out a conveyor style loading system for Monsters Inc. But I'd imagine it'd go over worse than Rockit since you'd have families screwing things up.

It'd be awesome if Disney was able to figure out a conveyor style loading system for Monsters Inc. But I'd imagine it'd go over worse than Rockit since you'd have families screwing things up.

Yea, people at WDW have trouble figuring out Mansion and SSE's load, and all they have to do there is get in and sit down.

The main reason that the Monsters, Inc. coaster will never happen as planned is that the Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster ride system they were planning on using is just an awful ride system. It is painfully rough and a capacity nightmare. They would do better with a modified Peter Pan's ride system that includes a gravity driven section towards the end.

Last edited:
Well to be fair the main reason is TDO's cheapness. We can't go blaming outside companies for Disney's complete disregard for anything new.

I'd want this expansion to blow everyone away:
First Year: World of color replaces Fantasmic, Great Movie Ride refurb, and Backlot tour finnally replaced.
Second Year: AI redo and Star Wars pavillion from Indiana Jones show and former Sounds Dangerous show.
Third Year: Phineas & Ferb attraction and Pixar expansion.

Last edited:
Ok so I read on another website that Disney has a "Huge" announcement for Disney World tomorrow and apparently people are saying it's for Hollywood Studios idk if this is real or just a hoax but I seriously have my fingures crossed!!!

Ok so I read on another website that Disney has a "Huge" announcement for Disney World tomorrow and apparently people are saying it's for Hollywood Studios idk if this is real or just a hoax but I seriously have my fingures crossed!!!

I'm not getting my hopes up. If anything it's the official opening date of FLE.

Maybe fanboy wishful thinking? Unless this weekend is when they break ground on Avatar and that winds up being the announcement. Other than that, when has Disney ever made a huge announcement on a weekend, without press?

Yea thats what I was a little confused about maybe they meant on Monday is when there going to announce something? But I really dont know why they would announce something on a weekend lol

Yea thats what I was a little confused about maybe they meant on Monday is when there going to announce something? But I really dont know why they would announce something on a weekend lol

Unless it was another price increase so it can be buried with other news and the Olympics.

The guy who runs Fan Boys received an email from someone asking him if he heard of this announcement too and if any sources gave up any info. Seems like it came from more than one place. But, yea, hoax all the way.