Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A nice idea, but too conflicting with Epcot's Paris pavilion. Two Paris themed lands in two neighboring parks? You're right about everything else though:

2 E-tickets added with Pixar Place expansion + 1 E-ticket with Star Wars land = Massive win ($$$) for Disney over the next 5 years.
Great. I am penciling in a day visit to DHS in mid 2018. Until then, see you at Universal!

Disney have said not to expect ANY major announcement at this years D23? I have to admit I've only just started to hear about the rumors regarding DHS but just listening to ITM podcast in which it was mentioned.

Disney have said not to expect ANY major announcement at this years D23? I have to admit I've only just started to hear about the rumors regarding DHS but just listening to ITM podcast in which it was mentioned.

Yeah they announced they would have no park and rec announcements but then there are rumors they still may announce some stuff possibly and that was only a decoy type thing.

It has to be a decoy. Has to. They can't be that stupid.

I tend to agree. But maybe they are not ready to announce (don't want another Avatar on their hands) or they don't want to do it when everyone know they will do it. So Uni can much more easily steal the news away after a major event like this. Where if they wait a month or two and just surprise it on everyone, Uni will need time to put together an announcement of their own to take Disney's thunder away. I mean we all predicted that Uni would announce something or give more details about Phase 2 right after D23. Maybe Disney knows this?

I tend to agree. But maybe they are not ready to announce (don't want another Avatar on their hands) or they don't want to do it when everyone know they will do it. So Uni can much more easily steal the news away after a major event like this. Where if they wait a month or two and just surprise it on everyone, Uni will need time to put together an announcement of their own to take Disney's thunder away. I mean we all predicted that Uni would announce something or give more details about Phase 2 right after D23. Maybe Disney knows this?

Very good point. But I think if Disney is that worried about Universal, they know they can quickly throw together an announcement for JP, Kong, or some other pipeline project if they really wanted too. Very interesting game of cat and mouse though. (Get it???? Cat and Mouse??? :blank:)

Very good point. But I think if Disney is that worried about Universal, they know they can quickly throw together an announcement for JP, Kong, or some other pipeline project if they really wanted too. Very interesting game of cat and mouse though. (Get it???? Cat and Mouse??? :blank:)

lol - it is an interesting game and maybe Disney is finally learning to play the game. Not announcing too early (maybe waiting for actual work to begin) or even holding it back until Uni announces something so that they can take the thunder away. There are so many possibilities, but my guess is that if Disney announces nothing at D23, that this is not a sign that nothing is to come, but more of a sign they are learning their lesson from Uni on how to do these things. A lesson that they are taking Uni seriously for once.

lol - it is an interesting game and maybe Disney is finally learning to play the game. Not announcing too early (maybe waiting for actual work to begin) or even holding it back until Uni announces something so that they can take the thunder away. There are so many possibilities, but my guess is that if Disney announces nothing at D23, that this is not a sign that nothing is to come, but more of a sign they are learning their lesson from Uni on how to do these things. A lesson that they are taking Uni seriously for once.

I think you are giving Disney too much credit, these are the same people who made an announcement about new benches for a show :lol:

^^^^ Lol - They have failed in announcements and media has caught on to that. Which is the only reason why they may have learned their lesson. Of course I just got to the Igor is staying post and well, I think all my hopes of change of vanished. And maybe no announcement means no construction until 2016....

The not to be named site is saying that Iger is still in discussions with the Board of Directors concerning budgetary approval for expansions. The Board took a tour of Carsland just recently.

The not to be named site is saying that Iger is still in discussions with the Board of Directors concerning budgetary approval for expansions. The Board took a tour of Carsland just recently.

I saw that. They also said DL's Tomorrowland will be getting a speeder bike coaster on the Rocket Rods track :lol:

The wait to see if and what Disney will announce at D23 is getting so close... Here's hoping we were thrown off the scent and they surprise us (doubtful but hey it would be nice) :ears:

The wait to see if and what Disney will announce at D23 is getting so close... Here's hoping we were thrown off the scent and they surprise us (doubtful but hey it would be nice) :ears:

What I understand they will not unveil anything at D23. Seems to be a pissing match now with the company and D23. I'd expect something with the first phase of Disney Springs opening. I think Disney is going to take the Universal "I SEE NOTHING" route.

Also I do know things are in the works, but as always, these can be killed off quickly. And boy do I hope they're not.

I heard that at D23 they were going to announce they are closing DHS for 18 months and doing a major overhaul including Star Wars and a massive PIXAR Place expansion.

OK, I just made all that up, Sorry. :shrug:

I knew they were leaning more towards not saying anything and taking the Universal approach more of wishful thinking, but alas no harm no foul, just wish they wouldn't drag their feet on projects like this that could potentially breath a little life into it. Don't get me wrong I like DHS but feel its missing a lot. Hopefully said projects don't fall on the wayside as most do :inquisitive:

Having actually been on RSR now.... I take everything I've ever said about not wanting a smaller Carsland back. What a bunch of crap that was. The ride blew me away. They could put it in a soundstage for all I care. Is the size and beauty breathtaking? Absolutely. But the ride stands on its own.