Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But a part of me has a gut feeling that this ride would be more projection mapping heavy than per say practical or even standard screen like.

Especially if it ends up being a shooter like was suggested above. The buildings will be real sets. Maybe a couple AA villains. But the motion will be projection on the buildings and any web shooting would have to be projected.

That brings up an interesting question. Can they do user controlled projection mapping? IE have the rider push a button and it trigger animation on the projection?

Especially if it ends up being a shooter like was suggested above. The buildings will be real sets. Maybe a couple AA villains. But the motion will be projection on the buildings and any web shooting would have to be projected.

That brings up an interesting question. Can they do user controlled projection mapping? IE have the rider push a button and it trigger animation on the projection?

Where by chance did you get that from this?

Honestly, I see this mainly just as a mix of projections, screens, and maybe two or three animatronics.

I could see them bringing this tech to AK for a Tarzan ride. Either way, I have a feeling this ride will be more thrilling than the one in IOA but maybe not as immersive. Hype Train!

Where by chance did you get that from this?

Honestly, I see this mainly just as a mix of projections, screens, and maybe two or three animatronics.

The post before you posted the patent speculated it might be a shooter. I was just speculating along with that post.

The post before you posted the patent speculated it might be a shooter. I was just speculating along with that post.

He did say though as a guess. And that it was before the patent even came out too, so I would doubt that to be honest.

Honestly; this seems like something that I fear may get Legioned (stuck in R&D Hell).

Firstly Disney does have a history of patenting ideas and not using them. Even then, this concept sounds great and is the only way for them to top IoA’s ride. Much better than a damn coaster.

If this comes to fruition, you’ll have the West Coast Marvel Superhero Island, complete with drop tower, (launched?) coaster, and next-generation dark ride.

That patent looks super cool, though. I hope they can find a use for it over here, too (*cough* Adventureland *cough* Animal Kingdom).

Reactions: alias8703
From @RichOBJ

So apparently patents have come into form of the SpiderMan attraction; seeming like a mix of Forbidden Journey with somewhat of a swinging motion for the ride.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...tent-hints-at-spider-man-style-ride-with.html

This honestly seems like the perfect kind of ride system for a spider man ride. Obviously Spiderman at IOA is one of the best rides on the planet but the one thing it doesn't really capture is that essential spiderman swinging through the city movement. This is the perfect answer to that. I love this idea! and because of the controlled swinging not all rooms would need to be 30 feet wide

Reactions: HereWeGo
If this is real, I'm actually pretty excited for it. Definitely a great way to completely differ themselves from the already existing Spiderman ride at IOA. And to be honest it seems like this would be even better (in the sense that you would actually feel like you're Spiderman).

Reactions: alias8703
If i'm not mistaken, the Cap/Avengers ride will still be a coaster. But damn, Spider-Man, Avengers and GOTG:MB. Marvel Land is looking pretty sweet.
For the time period it'll be great. But since they seem to be going with the Cinematic Universe characters here, it has a chance to feel dated awful quickly.

Reactions: chris.g
For the time period it'll be great. But since they seem to be going with the Cinematic Universe characters here, it has a chance to feel dated awful quickly.
To be fair, MSHI is dated in its own way, using the extremely 90s versions of the characters for almost everything except Hulk. I think MSHI should stick with the comics theme but finally give the land an upgrade to be a more modern, "timeless" comics look.

Last I heard, Universal was working on replacing the cables with a Kula arm on the Iron Legion rs.

Looks like we may truly have a "Theme Park Wars: MARVEL Ed."

Ok, you each have a MARVEL Superhero, a track on the ceiling, and a bazillion $$$$. Go.