Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Riviera Resort

Honestly I think they’re trying to attract conventions to this hotel and this room is designed for times when companies need a room to use for meetings, showers for late arrivals, etc not Mickey ear tourists.
Definitely not for conventioneers. Nearest convention facilities to this resort or at Yacht/Boardwalk or Bonnet Creek. This was designed to be (as said before) the Flagship Stateside DVC. Whether it succeeded is debatable.
Yeah, I have a feeling down the line, those room types are going to be removed and combined with the room next to it to be made into a large more reasonable hotel room.
Eh... probably not. There are only 24 if these units, all of which are booked out for the foreseeable future. Additionally, they are in clumps of 3, so it would be very difficult to convert them.

The Tower Studios have been a complete disaster for Disney. Nothing but bad publicity and maintenance issues.

There’s not many studios in the hotel. I’ll give it a month before Disney stops taking reservations and a year before all the studios are offline for a major re-do.

Actual small rooms for solo travelers are priced accordingly. I don't think these small rooms are for anyone but the mouse's pockets.

Last edited:
They played an ad specifically for this resort during the Xmas parade today and.. if they're boasting it as European-inspired "luxury" in the heart of the magic, they better get the damn beds to work.

The point value is way too high for these rooms as well. You can stay in a regular studio for fewer points at a couple of the DVC resorts, and for just a few points more than these rooms you can stay at any of the DVC resorts on the monorail or near the International Gateway.

I have no plans to ever use any of my points here. I am really not interested in the location, or being on the Skyliner. The resort does look nice inside though.

The point value is way too high for these rooms as well. You can stay in a regular studio for fewer points at a couple of the DVC resorts, and for just a few points more than these rooms you can stay at any of the DVC resorts on the monorail or near the International Gateway.

I have no plans to ever use any of my points here. I am really not interested in the location, or being on the Skyliner. The resort does look nice inside though.
Everything that Disney does these days is about extracting maximum money from the bigger spenders. There are so many visitors to wdw that they can set the prices/points to ripp off level until they burn through the gotta be first type people.

Everything that Disney does these days is about extracting maximum money from the bigger spenders. There are so many visitors to wdw that they can set the prices/points to ripp off level until they burn through the gotta be first type people.
I wish we could go back to the 90's when Disney was a harmless non-profit