Do You Like Dr.Dooms FearFall? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Do You Like Dr.Dooms FearFall?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you like Dr. Doom's FearFall?

• Total voters
I must say on my first trip to IOA i was petrified of this ride, and even on my second visit i still had major doubts about riding i eventually plucked up the courage to ride and oh my! I loved at so much i actually can not get enough of it :lol:

i was never scared of Dr.Doom but every time i go to IOA i ride it about 9 times love the veiw, launch, and airtime.
thanks for adding the poll Ralphoutloud.

I went on Dr. Doom for the first time last time I visited. The theming of the queue is surprisingly well done for such a simple ride, I like the 2 doombots that can be found there. The worst part is really waiting for the initial shot upwards, the rest is still fairly intense, but it's just a matter of hanging on and taking deep breaths until the ride ends. I personally LOVE this ride and have decided to make a point to ride it every time I go. Only problem I have with it is that it's too short of a ride and should be made longer (by 3 extra drops)

Yeah, I would have picked "indifferent" if it was an option, rather than "no" -- I certainly do not, "not like" it, but I feel like it could be improved. It would be nice if one tower blasted up, while the other blasted down. Options are fun.

I voted 'no' but purely because I would never go on it :) I just don't like vertical-drop rides, I hate that feeling in my stomach, it's much worse than a roller coaster :pound:

yea, thst flip-flip your stomache does at the top. I remeber I was blasting up and thinking: "Hey, this isn't so bad." and then we got to the top and the flip-flop happenned. Remains the only ride I've ever been on where I've openly cursed at the top of my lungs.

It isn't bad but it's not a must. There is nothing fear about it because its a fast launch and a sloooooooooowwwwww decent down. Tower beats it hands down because it does so much more. Not the right thread but still want to say it.

It isn't bad but it's not a must. There is nothing fear about it because its a fast launch and a sloooooooooowwwwww decent down. Tower beats it hands down because it does so much more. Not the right thread but still want to say it.

It's amazing that people can skip information that was posted multiple times on the same page. :bang:

I enjoy Fearfall. I'll go on it a couple of times if the people I'm with want to. It's just annoying how long you have to wait to get on once you're in front of the doors.

There are combo towers that launch you up and you fall, then haul you up to the top to pause for a moment and then release you and fall once more. I feel that is far more exciting than the launch and then slowly bounce down.

You obviousely don't because you posted that you hate how it drops "slowly" when it pulls you down faster than gravity, and after I and others have been stating the truth, while people keep posting this nosense.

You fall faster than gravity for about 2 seconds but the rest of the ride down is nothing.

You obviousely don't because you posted that you hate how it drops "slowly" when it pulls you down faster than gravity, and after I and others have been stating the truth, while people keep posting this nosense.

I think you're confused about us being confused.

I never said Fear Fall doesn't pull you back down faster than gravity after the launch. I, as well as Yeti Pintrader, am simply stating my opinion. I prefer them to take you up slowly, pause, and then pull you down faster than gravity.

The launch up totally ruins the fear of heights moment -- which is what the theme of the ride is about.

Last edited:
Hi guys, Doctor Doom was my ride for 2 years. I was a trainer there. Unfortunately, you guys are wrong about the lights on top of the towers. Our ride operations manual states that both towers are 199 feet tall, the same height as Tower of Terror, therefore not requiring a red blinky light. The lights on Hulk's cobra roll are simply there for decoration, as one was not operational for the longest time. Hulks highest point in the track is 110 feet, therefore there is no way the ride is over 200 feet tall requiring red blinky aircraft lights.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about seeing Doctor Doom having an FAA red light at the top, because there isn't one. When the park closes and the ride goes into maintenance mode and tech services are climbing the towers, they turn on several WHITE maintenance lights that illuminate their climb up. You'll notice if we run the ride with guests at night, those lights are not on, the towers are completely dark, not lit up at all. These white lights are NOT the FAA lights, and the ride does not need them, as the ride is under 200 feet.

I agree, the ride should have been built taller, as the red blinky lights would fit the theme of the Island, but for whatever reason, they kept them 1 foot shorter. It may have to do with more paperwork or something for a structure over 200 feet, but oh well.