Dollywood! | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Dollywood!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll be heading to the area the week after Christmas the last time i was in dollywood was about 5-6 years ago really looking forward to all the changes that i've read online. I'll take many pics to post on here :cheers:

I'll be here in 10 days for my birthday. So excited to ride Firechaser Express!

Just got back from my first trip to Dollywood. It's a VERY amazing park and one of my favorites. I absolutely loved Wild Eagle. This was my second Wing Coaster (my first being Flüg der Dämonen at Heide Park), and it is currently my favorite! Firechaser Express is also a very solid and well done family coaster! The theming in this park is also some of the best that I've seen. I even liked my lunch (it was roast beef with pinto beans)!

Overall, Dollywood is definitely a park I would recommend and I wouldn't mind revisiting it! :happy:

Just got back from my first trip to Dollywood. It's a VERY amazing park and one of my favorites. I absolutely loved Wild Eagle. This was my second Wing Coaster (my first being Flüg der Dämonen at Heide Park), and it is currently my favorite! Firechaser Express is also a very solid and well done family coaster! The theming in this park is also some of the best that I've seen. I even liked my lunch (it was roast beef with pinto beans)!

Overall, Dollywood is definitely a park I would recommend and I wouldn't mind revisiting it! :happy:

6 more days for me! Thanks for posting. I can't wait!

Dollywood to me is the Knotts Berry Farm of the south-east. It has a great appeal for kids (Firechaser, a great Waterblaster ride, ETC...) and appeal for the rest of the family (Mystery Mine, Wild Eagle,ETC...). I think they're doing a great job with the park and it would be something i'd go for in the mountains

Rocky Mountain on the way...

:doggie: Oh yes please! Maybe that will be for their 2016 addition. With 2015 bringing a Cyclone conversion at SFNE, and 2016 bringing Wildfire at Kolmarden (Sweden), as well as a possible conversion of Colossus at SFMM (2015 or 2016), I'd say RMC is going to be pretty busy! :happy:

What's that mean?

I believe HTF is referring to the coaster company Rocky Mountain Construction. Their recent coaster creations like Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City and Goliath at SFGAm are highly ranked and are considered by many to be some of the best coasters out there. They also specialize in refurbishing tracks of existing wooden coasters, like New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas, Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and Steel Medusa at Six Flags Mexico, and those rides have also received amazing reviews after their refurbishment. In the post, HTF is saying that Dollywood may be in line to get a coaster by this manufacturer.

Hope it helps! :D

Wow just went this past winter didnt get to ride firechaser but maybe ill need to plan a trip for fall 2016

btw WILD EAGLE... amazing rollercoaster

I had the BEST time at Dollywood this past weekend. What a great little park. It was my second visit but again, I love all the coasters. Wild Eagle is incredibly smooth and well done, as is Firechaser. Thunderhead is probably still my favoriite, while Mystery Mine is getting a bit rougher and probably ranks as my least favorite right now. I would say I'm looking forward to whatever they have next and I'll definitely be back.

Heading to Dollywood next week for my first visit!

Its a great park, a hidden gem if I may. A few more major attractions and it can make a serious case for being one of the top amusement parks in the country.

I've been twice and love that park. It's got such a great atmosphere and the food is really good. Service quality is on par with Disney and Universal.

I've been twice and love that park. It's got such a great atmosphere and the food is really good. Service quality is on par with Disney and Universal.

Even better in some areas. When I went to buy a QBot, they told me I'd be wasting my money since the longest line was only 20 minutes for Firechaser. I was like "Universal would NEVER.."