Downtown Disney Changes | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Downtown Disney Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
AC?? Don't catch the abbreviation there.

Its such a shame that the former Pleasure Island closed down, some of those clubs were VERY innovative and ahead of their time.

Walls, walls, and more walls.

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

:blank:

(from Screamscape):

The SavePleasureIsland Blog reports that a new themed restaurant from Disney and Schussler Creative is on the way to Pleasure Island for a speed boat themed eatery called Mahogany Bay Classic Old Boats and Great Food. Lets hope that they come up with a new name that sounds more appetizing.

It is true. That's what's happening. Expect 2 or 3 restaurants themed to nautical things, all run by an outside company, likely Landry's.

AKA

More crappy food at DTD!

Mahogany Bay is the name of the cruise port in Isla Roatan, Honduras :lol: I find it funny they would call a restaurant that.

From Screamscape:
A Screamscape source tells me that along with the introduction of the Hyperion Wharf concept to Downtown Disney, there are also plans in the works to add a small trolley system to run along the lengthy complex, very similar to what is being added to the California Adventure park.
There are likely to be a few other changes as well down at the West End. I’m hearing that House of Blues may be planning to leave Disney property entirely in the future, in favor of setting themselves up off-site in a new location. If this happens, look for Harley Davidson to move into the former HOB digs. Meanwhile the Mouse has plans in the works for the nearby Virgin Megastore building that would see it redesigned as a cluster of smaller high-end shops. I’m also being told that Cirque is currently planning a whole new show to eventually replace the long running La Nouba show in 2013, around the same time as the rest of Hyperion Wharf, taking advantage of it as the right time to relaunch themselves along with the rest of Downtown Disney.

just looking at this article something tell me disney is going to be popping in 2013 once everything is done.

I can really buy the House of Blues rumor, about them wanting to move off-site. Apparently they've been limited in the acts they're allowed to book (by Disney) for some time now. Which is totally believable -- I know I used to go to shows there all the time, but the last good show I've seen there (Coheed & Cambria) was over 2 years ago.

From Screamscape:

The trolley seems like a good idea if they do go ahead with it, it is quite a walk from one end of DTD to the other. And depending on how they design it, it could add something great to the area.
As rewster said, I not surprised about HoB moving offsite, nor am I surprised at Cirque are planning a change to coincide with the rest of the area as La Nouba has been running for quite some time now.
Seems like 2012/2013 is going to be a good time for Disney with the PI refurb and Fantasyland expansion hopefully finishing in that time.

From WDWMagic:
Pooh Corner, Summer Sands and Mickey’s Mart in the Downtown Disney Marketplace will be closing for a transformation on January 15 2011. Once complete, LittleMissMatched will move from it's West Side location to this reworked location in Spring 2011. Another part of the building will open in March 2011 as Mickey's Mart, selling low priced Disney gifts.

The refurbishment mentioned above began yesterday and I was out in DTD today. Nothing visible was going on in the area other than the scattered refurbishment signs out front.

1057.jpg

Downtown Disney construction update - pics & HD vid

Here are some pics and video I took two days ago, just as an update.

AMC Fork & Screen - not much new here:

zDSC02838.jpg

Hyperion Wharf:

zDSC02849.jpg

zDSC02851.jpg

[video=youtube;HOWdB5NJNQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOWdB5NJNQQ[/video]

View this video in full-screen on YouTube

Lego Imagination Center

zDSC02896.jpg

zDSC02927.jpg

In case you haven't see the temporary Lego Imagination Center:

[video=youtube;_CulgVXT5WM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CulgVXT5WM[/video]

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2011...owntown-disney-update-photo-gallery-hd-video/

Last edited:
Maybe Disney could take a page out of Universal's book; break up Downtown Disney and put all the stuff in front of the entrances of the parks. Then people haveeee to go there :ears: