DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone else think Shrek’s house looks kinda small in construction photos? I know it’s not finished yet but the square footage looks no larger than the already small E.T. store it’s next to. What are we expecting of Shrek’s house anyways, a meet and greet and splash pad or play area?

Anyone else think Shrek’s house looks kinda small in construction photos? I know it’s not finished yet but the square footage looks no larger than the already small E.T. store it’s next to. What are we expecting of Shrek’s house anyways, a meet and greet and splash pad or play area?
Based on the concept art, it looks like a new location for the Donkey Meet and Greet.

You’re not gonna be able to go into it. It’s a backdrop for meet and greets and looks like it has space inside for entertainment to get ready and the Donkey performer.

That’s kind of a bummer. I think a ToonTown style character house walkthrough/interactive playground would have been really neat for Shrek.
I noticed that Shrek's outhouse is elevated and has what appears to be a bridge connecting to it. So I guess Shrek's area could have some sort of play area. Possibly directly behind his house and maybe that bridge connects to another portion of the play area behind the Dreamworks sign.

I noticed that Shrek's outhouse is elevated and has what appears to be a bridge connecting to it. So I guess Shrek's area could have some sort of play area. Possibly directly behind his house and maybe that bridge connects to another portion of the play area behind the Dreamworks sign.
Yea I think the area surrounding the tree stump is a play area.

IF we do get a dark ride

Panda has one in China, they could make a smaller version of that ride or make a Shrek ride would be my votes since HTTYD is at epic universe
I was just about to say this. I hope they retheme the Po ride to Shrek and bring it here. USF needs another family dark ride badly. I really just hope this isn’t a cheap fix because they should’ve been on retheme 2 by now.

What I would like to see:
Fieval’s- Now Shrek
Shrek retheme of Dragon Warrior,
the swamp/Donkey meet and greet,
Donkey waffles stand
A candy store themed to FairyGodmother’s magic potion shop where you can buy slushies& sweets
Dragon & dronkeys spinner
Puss in boots play area

Woody Woodpecker/Barney- Now Trolls
Mini Trolls area with Trolls coaster (WWP retheme), water play area & dance/sing along in Barney theater ( not really but I have no choice) Kid Zone pizza to a Trolls theme

Curious George- Now Kung Fu Panda
The Training Camp, tree, lanterns ride clone & Mr. Ping’s

Other Characters
Add a Spirit carousel

Madagascar Carnival games

AC Meet and greet for other characters and Gabby.

To sum it up: 1 dark ride, 1 carousel, 1 spinner, 1 kiddie coaster, 1 kiddie ride, 2 play areas, 3 meet and greets, 3 QS, 2 shows, and some carnival games.

Reactions: EnigmaticGear
I was just about to say this. I hope they retheme the Po ride to Shrek and bring it here. USF needs another family dark ride badly. I really just hope this isn’t a cheap fix because they should’ve been on retheme 2 by now.

Fieval’s- Now Shrek
Donkey waffles stand
A candy store themed to FairyGodmother’s magic potion shop where you can buy slushies& sweets
Puss in boots play area

Mini Trolls area with Trolls coaster (WWP retheme), water play area & dance/sing along in Barney theater ( not really but I have no choice) Kid Zone pizza to a Trolls theme

Other Characters
Add a Spirit carousel

To sum it up: 1 dark ride, 1 carousel, 1 spinner, 1 kiddie coaster, 1 kiddie ride, 2 play areas, 3 meet and greets, 3 QS, 2 shows, and some carnival games.

I think everyone needs to dramatically lower their expectations in terms of new rides, even flats.

My big question: how many trains will be running on the Trollercoaster?

Because that thing could have one heck of a line based on theme/IP popularity alone. One train at a go would be ABYSMAL capacity.
If my memory is correct.. one. The Woody line would get backed up

If they put a real show inside of Barney and not DreamWorks Destination, it has a chance to eat some people. The walk in/out dance show was a joke

Reactions: Jerroddragon

Fieval’s- Now Shrek
Donkey waffles stand
Puss in boots play area

Other Characters
Add a Spirit carousel

I would hope they would do a Shrek ride. But in the Park Stop video it implied any hypothetical dark ride would take over the spring tent area and most of the plot behind Simpsons. That area is about 10 acres worth of land. I wonder if it would be possible to build a smaller scale ride on par with Pets and share the space with another land themed to a non DreamWorks IP?

I would hope they would do a Shrek ride. But in the Park Stop video it implied any hypothetical dark ride would take over the spring tent area and most of the plot behind Simpsons. That area is about 10 acres worth of land. I wonder if it would be possible to build a smaller scale ride on par with Pets and share the space with another land themed to a non DreamWorks IP?
I would doubt any dark ride would take up 10 acres of land. Probably just a couple or a few acres. Hagrid's coaster is one of the few attractions that would encompass that much land. So if they add a dark ride in the future to Dreamworks area, it would probably just occupy a small section of that area. It's probably safe to assume that a dark ride and a small mini land could occupy that area, plus the current parade float buildings, if they went that route in the future.

Whether where a parade building is or a tent, any expansion in that direction could affect HHN in some way, but wouldn’t need to use all of it.

It’s also possible they keep the Ball Factory only for now, and pull a Dragon Challenge where eventually that area back there is replaced with something better someday when the time comes, without expanding outside the existing footprint.

In any case, no new rides for now.

I would doubt any dark ride would take up 10 acres of land. Probably just a couple or a few acres. Hagrid's coaster is one of the few attractions that would encompass that much land. So if they add a dark ride in the future to Dreamworks area, it would probably just occupy a small section of that area. It's probably safe to assume that a dark ride and a small mini land could occupy that area, plus the current parade float buildings, if they went that route in the future.
If they go that route, it will be interesting to see what DW IP could get a mini land and dark ride. Maybe a totally new DW property that hasn't even come out yet.

Reactions: Mad Dog