Drink Refills | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Drink Refills

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had an interesting encounter my last trip. I usually pay for my Freestyle cup for all days up front. Best places to activate first thing are the pastry shops just inside each gate since you can get the AP discount and they are open with the parks. My cup is the non AP one with the swirls and park logos.

This time went different. I stopped in the Croissant Moon Bakery at IOA to activate and was told the AP discount is only available with the AP cup. Never have I heard this before. I asked for the manager and was told the same thing. I explained I never would have gotten the non AP cup if I had known this. I suggested the easy way to fix this was to just swap out the cup. She said she couldn't do it. Besides they were out of the AP cup. I checked over with the manager of Circus McGurkus. She said it was not true about the cups. She did verify that the parks were out of the AP cups.

The discount is not a big deal, but it was now the principle of the matter and being told different things by different managers, not to mention wasting my park time. Guest Services eventually told me that it is true that only the AP cup gets the AP discount, though I still have my doubts. Since no one had the cups they ended up giving a gift card for the amount of a Freestyle cup that I could use when the cups are back in stock. I left satisfied, though I still don't like having this sprung after the fact and being told different things.

I have gotten the discount on many trips. I still can't see how this can be true but never encountered it til now. I don't mind following any rules or policies. Just state them in advance and be consistent.