Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal has a time themed resort in Japan were every floor represents a different era and the host of the hotel is the timekeeper. with amenties and events tied to certain time areas such as a jazz bar for the 20s, black and white theatre with silent films, a sock hop, a soda shop etc..

Or I can see them pulling out something rather fun that would definitely put a dapper on Disney with an exploration theme resort with a bazaar of worldly goods in the center. Tagline Adventure and Culture are universal so Come stay at Universal World Resort. Add in caves, jungles, mountains, snow covered hills etc. Then have a mini epcot inside.

Reactions: Andysol
The idea of this adding another 4000 rooms is astounding. I remember the Orlando World Center Marriott was the largest hotel at one point and it has just over 2000 rooms. This is HUGE.

I'm assuming this will actually be 2 or 3 hotels in actuality. The fact that they have 3 parking garages planned points to at least 2 separate hotels (possibly the third garage for employees).

The idea of this adding another 4000 rooms is astounding. I remember the Orlando World Center Marriott was the largest hotel at one point and it has just over 2000 rooms. This is HUGE.

I'm assuming this will actually be 2 or 3 hotels in actuality. The fact that they have 3 parking garages planned points to at least 2 separate hotels (possibly the third garage for employees).
I would think your assumption is quite probable.

I can't even begin to imagine how bad the traffic is going to be at the corner of Universal Blvd and I Drive. I'd love to see an elevated road onto Universal Blvd leading directly into the resort.

If I'm not mistaken, this will take up nearly half of the entirety of the rooms that they have On-Site, when this is finished.

That, is something big to know.

I think once Aventura and CBBR towers are built, the resort will have 6200 total rooms. It's a crazy jump.

That would get them to the 10K amount they wanted, if that I am not mistaken of.

If they can keep their occupancy rate as high as it is now (90%+) and with all the new things that will be open by the time this hotel is open, I don't see any reason why not. Given that most rooms will be over a $100 a night, they can be making a $1 million a day in sales.

Universal mentioned 10,000 to 15,000 rooms. If that's their target, that still could leave another 4,000 plus rooms in the vicinity of the fourth park.

I reckon the new land could take them well beyond that target.

Would it be possible for any extensions at the current hotels similar to CBBR?

Universal mentioned 10,000 to 15,000 rooms. If that's their target, that still could leave another 4,000 plus rooms in the vicinity of the fourth park.
If I recall correctly, it was Steve Burke who mentioned the 15,000 rooms number and when he did he was saying that was how much they had determined the resort could support as is at the time, even before any major expansions or anything.

With nearly 11k rooms- those 1200 deluxe that offer express are going to go up even more in cost. I feel like peak season has nearly doubled in the past 4 years.

If I recall correctly, it was Steve Burke who mentioned the 15,000 rooms number and when he did he was saying that was how much they had determined the resort could support as is at the time, even before any major expansions or anything.
Yes,you are correct, it was Steve Burke.

With nearly 11k rooms- those 1200 deluxe that offer express are going to go up even more in cost. I feel like peak season has nearly doubled in the past 4 years.
Surprisingly, Universal/Loews hasn't increased their deluxe hotel rates during the non peak periods much more than the normal inflation rate during the huge spike in attendance during the past six years. I'm only paying about $25 more a night than I was in 2011, using the Save More Stay More rates. I go in April/May and October.

That wouldn't work very well in a very urban looking area. On the other side of that lake are the two huge Westgate towers. Google Maps

I would think the Hollywood/Art Deco themed hotel design may make an appearance as one of those new hotels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
Surprisingly, Universal/Loews hasn't increased their deluxe hotel rates during the non peak periods much more than the normal inflation rate during the huge spike in attendance during the past six years. I'm only paying about $25 more a night than I was in 2011, using the Save More Stay More rates. I go in April/May and October.

Three words: Boost Customer loyalty. Be you not feeling like Loew's is ripping you off, you are more likely to book with them over and over again.

Three words: Boost Customer loyalty. Be you not feeling like Loew's is ripping you off, you are more likely to book with them over and over again.
Exactly. :thumbsup:I've spent over 90 nights at Portofino, CBBR, Royal Pacific,Sapphire since 2011. Never had a bad experience. The last stay in October was so good that it prompted me to write a letter commending employees to the Loews CEO.:)

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.