Duality of Fear (HHN 33) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Duality of Fear (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When the candy factory in SF has more creative thought put into it, outside of all of the "cheap out" things and vibe going on this year, I just can't comprehend how the creatives/decision-makers thought it was acceptable. Just the last few years, going from the Pumpkin Lord stage and themed zone props together, to Oddfellows, to absolutely NOTHING is such an insult with the big price hike man :/ Brutal.

I could always understand budget cuts, very understandable, but I don't really understand when they don't reuse older stuff, unless it just literally can't be used. props or decorations or cars or stages or things from before, is old stuff just not really available ?
( I know that someone could tell me that it wouldn't fit the theme, or that they can't just add random stuff for the hell of it, but something is better than nothing )!

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I could always understand budget cuts, very understandable, but I don't really understand when they don't reuse older stuff, unless it just literally can't be used. props or decorations or cars or stages or things from before, is old stuff just not really available ?
( I know that someone could tell me that it wouldn't fit the theme, or that they can't just add random stuff for the hell of it, but something is better than nothing )!
I'm sorry but with the current price to get into this event, and how it goes up every year. Budget cuts is just not a good enough excuse.

Last edited:
The entrance has always suffered in the modern era simply because of the crowd levels. I think they were able to fix that last year since there was no parade to better results.

With that said, I wish they had put more effort into the truss decor if that was going to be the only thing they were gonna set up. It would have been great to see more banners, curtains, and high-pressure fog from the truss. Perhaps they could have even included a few of their victims to showcase their evil?

With that said, I wish they had put more effort into the truss decor if that was going to be the only thing they were gonna set up. It would have been great to see more banners, curtains, and high-pressure fog from the truss. Perhaps they could have even included a few of their victims to showcase their evil?
fog curtain effect with projections every so often + voiceovers (or synced up from their designated SZs) to fill a void when they aren't present.

So this is essentially Hollywood's Chainsaw "Scarezone" they always have out front with the Fire Tower Brigade. RIP (not Tour)

if they were not going to put any decorations then why not just put more chainsaws by minions? I understand that minions street can't be used because of the props or decorations, ( they can't put anything over the streets and cover the minions stuff) but now they could have just put actors roaming that area

if they were not going to put any decorations then why not just put more chainsaws by minions? I understand that minions street can't be used because of the props or decorations, ( they can't put anything over the streets and cover the minions stuff) but now they could have just put actors roaming that area
Has it ever actually been said that they can't put anything going thru Minions Land? I don't get this. It was okay to go thru Shrek, but not Minions?

Has it ever actually been said that they can't put anything going thru Minions Land? I don't get this. It was okay to go thru Shrek, but not Minions?
I'm sure someone will have a real answer, but for what was said last year, if I remember, because minions are a was so new, they didn't want to put stuff over it? because of daytime guests?
or because the area is so cute, it wouldn't work ( that last one might be completely wrong)

last year I remember lamenting the loss of that scarezone area and I think I was replied with the fact that the area was new and needed to shine.

we desperately need it back