Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate (HHN 32) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
1691590246448.jpeg This concept art comes to mind when thinking of effects that could simulate dragons nearby without large puppets. I think this house could be really great even if most of it is just hints of dragons battling while building up suspense to a large scene with puppets right before we choose a path.

View attachment 19447 This concept art comes to mind when thinking of effects that could simulate dragons nearby without large puppets. I think this house could be really great even if most of it is just hints of dragons battling while building up suspense to a large scene with puppets right before we choose a path.

They’ve done smoke-breathing, dragon puppets before.

What I really hope they do is dragon head costumes like the Jurassic Park velociraptor costumes.
And you guys just made me realize. I will be okay if the dragon heads aren't that big. I'm ok with smaller dragon heads if we see them often.

But it will most likely end up being like the devil head in case files or the snake face on Beetlejuice.
Just one big wall statue head.

So were Blizzrock and Pyrock already dragons in this? Difficult to tell, maybe I wasn’t paying attention enough.
No, the story of the ride was that when they tried to steal Merlin’s spellbook, they triggered the protective spell hinted at in the podcast, and were turned into dragons.

This was already at the top of my hype list, but wow the podcast makes this sound like it’s going to be epic!

No, the story of the ride was that when they tried to steal Merlin’s spellbook, they triggered the protective spell hinted at in the podcast, and were turned into dragons.

This was already at the top of my hype list, but wow the podcast makes this sound like it’s going to be epic!
I'm scared to have high hopes. It's really hard, but I'm afraid to be crushed if it's not super amazing :lmao:
But it sounds like it might be amazing

Reactions: garpeel
This house is neat. I really like the concept of "The Lost Continent's Bad Timeline". It's almost like a What If? comic. The costumes were cool but not especially scary, pretty high fantasy and some neat elemental creatures. Scares might not have been top notch on my run, but the sets are pretty crazy if you remember the DD queue or even it you've just watched a number of Camcorder videos on Youtube like I did, they hit a lot of the beats and the sets they've built have a lot of the major landmarks too. It's really cool to see such a clear labor of love when it comes to recreating the look of the original ride, I think this might disappoint the GP though. One of my friends going thru went into the Pyrock ending after me and didn't see a single actor, and there really aren't any major setpieces to make up for that absence. I luckily saw them, but imo at least the 1/4 endings that I saw wasn't especially crazy or anything.

Saw the video. Looks great!
I do wish the dragons were puppets,
but otherwise the set designs are amazing, and the ending was neat!

So… is it still too late for them to do a Game of Thrones house?

Saw the video. Looks great!
I do wish the dragons were puppets,
but otherwise the set designs are amazing, and the ending was neat!

So… is it still too late for them to do a Game of Thrones house?

About your spoiler

Something is better than nothin'

The time to do GoT would've been instead of AHS.
I figured that would be the case.
I remember reading the reading the 2019 spec and the talks of GoT being a house. I didn’t even care about it at that time, but after watching it now, I definitely see some aspects that I would love to see in a house.

It’s unlikely, but I do hope it’s possible again with House of The Dragon, even if it’s completely different from GoT.

I figured that would be the case.
I remember reading the reading the 2019 spec and the talks of GoT being a house. I didn’t even care about it at that time, but after watching it now, I definitely see some aspects that I would love to see in a house.

It’s unlikely, but I do hope it’s possible again with House of The Dragon, even if it’s completely different from GoT.

Considering it didn't even sound like they had a location picked out yet, I'm a little incredulous. And the IP's stock by that point had taken such a beating anyhow.

Considering it didn't even sound like they had a location picked out yet, I'm a little incredulous. And the IP's stock by that point had taken such a beating anyhow.
A real shame indeed. Seeing the ice creatures reminded me of White Walkers and would’ve been cool to see.

Reactions: SeventyOne
For everyone that keeps on saying they wish this was Game of Thrones, I would like to put forth a cautionary tale:

I feel the same. It was really cool to experience the scenes from the game but it was just too spaced out. Seeds was more effective for me personally, but maybe that because they aren't restricted by having to fit within the confines of an IP.

Yeah, same for me. I’ve wanted this for so long. I didn’t rank it as low as you did and if it was an original I’d be more optimistic it has room to grow, but with it being an IP, there’s only so much they can do.

Just because it is an IP a person likes, does not mean it will be better. Restrictions are a real thing and it is hard to make changes to a haunt when those changes have to be run by/approved by the IP holder.