Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate (HHN 32) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For some reason one of the things that gives me a guttural fear is creepy evil eyes watching me. If this house had a scare where you turned a corner and there was a great big glowing yellow eye staring at me I would lose it. Use that as the distraction element and have another claw or something come from the other side and thats a great scare.

Yeah a big eye would be creepy, and Low budget, They could have just painted a big yellow snake like eye and flash lights to it. Not even a puppet eye but literally just a painting outside of a window.
I like this house a lot but I can't believe they didn't do this.
My idea came from thinking about the Smaug dragon in hobbit or also the glowing eyes in the Atlantis ride at Sea World. I think the 1998 Godzilla movie has an eye scene as well. I'm sure there are other movies that have done it.

Love the dual-ending idea... but it's poorly executed. Scare Actors don't have the advantage here of a conga line, so they don't pop out until you are way past them, resulting in you having to turn around to even see them when they do come out. Most guests don't know so they don't even notice.

Love the dual-ending idea... but it's poorly executed. Scare Actors don't have the advantage here of a conga line, so they don't pop out until you are way past them, resulting in you having to turn around to even see them when they do come out. Most guests don't know so they don't even notice.
Hard disagree. I think it’s great. As long as there’s an opportunity to pick a path with nobody in front of you (which in my experience is pretty common since most people tend to follow the conga line), you can get a couple really solid, personal scares. The paths themselves are pretty generic too which I can see being a complaint to some but to me just makes it harder to pinpoint where those guys will jump out at you. I like it a lot.

Hard disagree. I think it’s great. As long as there’s an opportunity to pick a path with nobody in front of you (which in my experience is pretty common since most people tend to follow the conga line), you can get a couple really solid, personal scares. The paths themselves are pretty generic too which I can see being a complaint to some but to me just makes it harder to pinpoint where those guys will jump out at you. I like it a lot.

All the times I've gone, there's always an empty boo hole on either side. I only see the actor at the very end. Always feels like an empty walkway

All the times I've gone, there's always an empty boo hole on either side. I only see the actor at the very end. Always feels like an empty walkway

It's probably not an empty boo hole, the actor probably just missed you and decided not to come out since it was too late by then - happened a couple of times to me already lol

Reactions: SeventyOne
So when you enter the dragon room, the blue dragon shoots smoke from his mouth.
And I realized yesterday, this is not a great effect in the sense that the smoke hides the dragons.

Because the people behind me kept saying how the house had zero dragons when we exit the house, and it was because the smoke machine went off when we entered the dragon room.
So, while I think the smoke was a cool idea, the problem is that the smoke will cause people to not see the dragons

So when you enter the dragon room, the blue dragon shoots smoke from his mouth.
And I realized yesterday, this is not a great effect in the sense that the smoke hides the dragons.

What if that was the purpose... to not see the dragons... :lmao:

Im just being silly, but I will say after doing the house over the weekend, I like the dragon claw that pops out in the same room with the dragon scale window. and the silouete of a shadow that pops out in the window. Little stuff like that goes a long way for me.

That facade reveal is something else. Merlyn narrating, telling the story of Pyrock and Blizzrock, as you walk down the black hallway and looking at each overhead poster just builds the tension and excitement as you creep closer to the facade. If you time it right, you can turn the corner as Merlyn says "Choose Thy Fate".
Now that I'm back online, I can say that this may be the most beautiful house I've ever done.
1000% agree. The scenic in there is top-notch. This is such a cool house and I'm really going to miss it.

After 2 runs of this house, I think the debate about the inclusion of the dragons is nitpicky. This felt so unique to me because it feels so grand and epic- it's the first house that has felt like an adventure to me. The costumes are incredible, along with the gorgeous scenic. I know some are hung up on the ties to the ride, but as a huge fan of old IOA, I think this deserves to just be seen as a wonderful horror-fantasy house that is really immersive, even if a good run relies on timing.

My only issue with the house aside from the (lack of) dragon in the room, is that it felt* the shortest at the event. Loved the setting and story very much. It just felt like it was over so quick, especially the choose thy date rooms.