DVC Villas coming to the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

DVC Villas coming to the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More vertical progress:

From AmusementPics

ibugqj5EnPYvF.jpg

ibdxrn3fT7sjRO.jpg

iNazAsdz32odo.jpg

Great photo update We own in beach club and stayed in the GF a few times, once even in the main bldg Royal Palm Club but we won't be buying there. Poly MAYBE

I feel bad for the poor little rich girls getting married next to this mess. Tragic.

Well it's kind of their fault I mean Disney changed their slogan a few years ago.

"Welcome to Disney World where all your DVC's come true."

Reactions: BJCool
I feel bad for the poor little rich girls getting married next to this mess. Tragic.
They tell them ahead of time about the construction and even, from what i've heard (and seen pics of), they show concept art of what construction is supposed to look like at the time of the wedding. So no, I don't not feel bad for them. Contrary to popular belief, that is not the only place to get married on Disney property. There are multiple other locations to have a wedding on property (Basically at any of the Deluxe hotels). They offer so many different weddings and styles of them that it's really your fault if you choose to get stuck behind the construction. It sucks theirs an obstruction right now, but it's not like there isn't other options and they don't warn you about it.

WDWMagic has posted a DVC construction update where it appears that work is slated to begin on the fifth floor of the building.

ibrJ3XpyC2r2mT.jpg

Additionally, they also spotted the pool/water play area that is receiving some Alice in Wonderland style theming.

iEi2mPhfRKYC0.jpg

Am I crazy, or does it look like the ground floor is a bit bigger (height wise) than the rest of the floors? It it possible they will be making that a parking garage like they did at Kidani DVC?

Just wanted to let you know your pointers do not go unnoticed. Thank you! :thumbs:

Thanks! :cheers:

Am I crazy, or does it look like the ground floor is a bit bigger (height wise) than the rest of the floors? It it possible they will be making that a parking garage like they did at Kidani DVC?

Perhaps a grand lobby, restaurant, gym, other general spaces reserved for the DVC?

Thanks! :cheers:

Perhaps a grand lobby, restaurant, gym, other general spaces reserved for the DVC?
We'll see about the Grand Lobby and Restaurant...I'd love for both. Judging by recent DVC trends though, it could go either way. Both Kidani and BLT both went for smaller lobbies (I do like BLT's though) and although Sanaa was added at Kidani, no quick service option was added and the closest to either at BLT was the pool bar, which closes around 7 normally. It seems the trend is they want to build the DVC portion, spend as little money on the extras as possible and allow access to what is already available at the connecting hotel (Be it Contemporary, Jambo House, GF, etc.)