E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only thing ET holds that will be truly missed is the classic feel of the attraction...And obviously the intricate design of the queue line, perfectly recreating the forest from ET. ET will forever be the greatest designed queue line Universal has ever done in my opinion.

You have company. My GF and I ride ET as our first attraction while on vacation, and end our vacation riding ET. Love the scent of the forest and the ride really transports us to a excellent theme park experience. Great nostalgia and ambiance.
There is just no feeling like it is there? Too unique and magical. BTW guys we have to make this a thing. A name in the ET database is Wakabayashi and I've used it many times. To hear ET talk in Japanese is just hilarious and you all gotta try it yourselves

Never went on the original kong but it sure sounds like my experience with BTTF. Awesome, but definitely for it's time. Jaws and ET are seriously the timeless universal classics that could hold up today just fine

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
ET needs a lot of love right now.... :lol:
I personally like ET (daughter and wife don't), though I think it needs a massive refurbishment; for instance the scene where you see the little ones play music etc. (just before you have the scene with the water) is so barebones, the scene is to the left and to the right is just a wall. Then between the scene with the water and the final scene with ET saying goodbye there is this awkward nothingness. I like the ride system as well, it is different.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Actually, I got the feeling that E.T. did receive some kind of refurbishment after hours when I rode it this past weekend. All the effects were working well AND there was no loud squeaking from the mechanics whatsoever. Color me shocked.

No.
At the ride entrance there is regular and express, then after the preshow and the part where you give your name for the 'passport' you enter the main queue which also splits into regular and express.
I enjoy the awesome queue so much that I don't use my Express pass and take my good old time walking through the queue, letting other people pass by. When we went in Oct. the massive Botanicus AA was working great. It was the first time we had seen it working in a couple of years.

Jeez, now people have a problem with ET, too? Of course it could use a nice, extensive refurb, and of course it looks its age, but that's not a bad thing. Not every ride in these parks needs to be some state-of-the-art piece of work. Haunted Mansion looks like a late '60s/early '70s dark ride, but that doesn't mean it's not an incredible attraction.

Kongfrontation was "junk"? ET is "not timeless"? What world am I living in? I know some people just don't have much of an emotional or nostalgic attachment to "Classic USF," but Kongfrontation, Jaws, BTTF, and - for that matter - Hitchcock were attractions I deeply loved, and ET is the last of their kind. I get the sense some people would do away with it entirely for a new flavor of the week, but is there no place for striking a balance between innovating and crafting new, exhilarating experiences while also honoring and refreshing the attractions that made Universal UNIVERSAL in the first place?

Anyway, sorry for the derail, and sorry for what might be the too-snippy tone of this post, should it come across that way to anybody.

I disagree with that...

It has not aged very well, from AA's to queue video. It needs to be updated drastically. I mean, we're still celebrating its 20th anniversary, 12 years later. :lol:

ET needs work. Pan works because it's more stationary and artistic than ET, which the front half is more "realistic" and needs work. Lots can be done and I think it should stay. I have a whole diatribe about "classics" and "nostalgia" at UOR which I can get into later.

Jeez, now people have a problem with ET, too? Of course it could use a nice, extensive refurb, and of course it looks its age, but that's not a bad thing. Not every ride in these parks needs to be some state-of-the-art piece of work. Haunted Mansion looks like a late '60s/early '70s dark ride, but that doesn't mean it's not an incredible attraction.

ET is no where near the same league as Haunted Mansion or Pirates. Come on now.

Reactions: IzzyB