E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As much as I love E.T., Kong is really a different thing. Kong has had more recent movies. I think E.T. as a new attraction would work, I just think there are other more appealing IP's to use first. This is why I don't think E.T. is going anywhere anytime soon. It still does very well but probably isn't worthy of building something new.
I don't think it's going anywhere and I would never want to see it go. They should take down curious George, the water play land, woody wood ride, and barney, but keep E.T

The attraction suffers greatly from great ideas with poor execution compared to standards today. The AAs are absolutely atrocious and dated and there's a good deal of cheaping out in many areas. That tunnel you go thru in the queue has the rockwork as plasticky wallpaper which was completely jarring, many figures look... well, yeah, the flyover clearly needs a rework as you can see how awkward its placement is and let's not even talk about how this attraction is seemingly still celebrating the film's 20th annniversary. I get the defense and the attraction has potential, it's just not living up to it.
I love the ride, but they shouldn't take it down. It should get a refurb.

I think Skips reaction was more to the idea of Nintendo not going to Studios, which is a dead cert it is basically.

It would be really cool if E.T adventure would get a refurb with the kucka arm from HPatFJ. The car would be much more open w no panel over your head or large walls on your sides and would have a bike handle for the handle bars. The entire ride would have to be changed, and universal wouldn't use 2 of the same ride concepts, because every year they try to improve on ride technology. This is just a thought I had.