E.T. Adventure | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand what is wrong with saying that Super 8 would make a cool ride, and that IF it were done there is a ride with a similar environment that could be retrofitted to host it. No one is saying it's going to be done, or that E.T. sucks and needs to be demolished. It's all in fun. Some people might not appreciate the rather demeaning remark "be serious" on a forum that allows people to share IDEAS.

I don't understand what is wrong with saying that Super 8 would make a cool ride, and that IF it were done there is a ride with a similar environment that could be retrofitted to host it. No one is saying it's going to be done, or that E.T. sucks and needs to be demolished. It's all in fun. Some people might not appreciate the rather demeaning remark "be serious" on a forum that allows people to share IDEAS.
You're right, a Super 8 ride could be a good idea. There's nothing wrong with saying that. We're just saying that a) In our opinion, it's unlikely, and b) We'd prefer it stayed E.T.
There's nothing wrong with saying that either. This forum, while you're right, it does allow people to share ideas, is also for debate about theme parks, their past, their present, and their future. No one has told you to be serious, they've just added to the debate of whether or not Uni would make a Super 8 ride in the future. This forum is made for that too.

ET is good the way it is ( could use a refurb) and I for one do not want to see Super 8 or anything like it coming to Universal.
This is kind of a silly thing to say since there already is something like Super 8 at Universal. The movie is an homage to Speilberg by Abrams, and it has a similar feel to ET in a lot of places. Obviously, it's not going into the ET building, but it WOULD make a really fantastic attraction.

I wouldn't want a Super 8 attraction to replace E.T. but a Super 8 attraction would be phenomenal. It fits a lot of the criteria that translates to a movie.

I think almost anything can make a great theme park attraction if the effort is put into it. Someone already called the waterworld comparison. If it shares the emotion of the film than it is a bonus. I am going more with the realistic factor and likelyhood of such a thing happening. ET is Universal's highest grossing film of all time. It has that importance to the company and it is also widely remembered. I don't think you are gonna see a Super 8 logo before any movies in over 30 years.

All that being said. I am always wanting to see a new theme park attraction based on a fun story/movie.

I agree that E.T. is a phenomenal attraction. It should most definitely not be taken out. It is truly one of my favorite rides. I just think it that realm of 'if' and 'maybe' Super 8 lines up the best for replacement. But idealy ET will never go anywhere.

If somehow it was a great attraction than sure. I could care less about the movie.

I know a lot of people who hate MIB movies but love the ride. But yeah...a premise does help.

E.T. Adventure was surprisingly very crowded today.

061-2.jpg

063-2.jpg

I HATE HATE HATE the outdoor queue for E.T. I think the pre show and passport thing needs to be taken out ad have the queue ONLY indoors!

While I agree with you on most accounts, I will have to disagree, because of the look and expression children have when E.T. says their name. It is a magical moment.

I HATE HATE HATE the outdoor queue for E.T. I think the pre show and passport thing needs to be taken out ad have the queue ONLY indoors!

Don't remove the passports! How are we supposed to make E.T. say funny names?! Oh, and I guess kids love it, blah, blah, blah, but think about the funny names!!!!

There was quite a long wait in the indoor queue today. While waiting, I noticed two details that I never noticed before: you can see/hear E.T. run through the bushes, and you can also see the rabbit that appears at the beginning of the film. (It's REALLY hidden, however)