E3 2021/Summer Games Fest 2021 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2021/Summer Games Fest 2021

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only criticism that I do have, is that I kind of wish that for games like Mario Golf and Just Dance, to not be present. Primarily as I wouldn't of minded more time given for titles like Advance Wars and Metroid Dread. Otherwise, it was a fantastic direct IMHO; and I think it hit a lot of notes for me that I genuinely wanted to see.
I can live with Mario Golf...because they said Free DLC in the future

That is smart way to talk about the game again to get you to buy it and let you know it will be supported in the future.

Honestly if we got the Switch Pro and some "exclusive" third part games on that along with a performance boost for first party games and games like Fortnite/Apex (which omg...apex really needs it) then it would have been an A for me

We have 8 Nintendo games coming from now until the end of the year...no one will play them all, we have backlogs, they are all different kinda games so really if we got the Pro think it would have pushed it over the top but its a good year...anyone saying otherwise needs to play more kinda games and more go out more because we have plenty to pay on all three consoles at this point

I can live with Mario Golf...because they said Free DLC in the future

That is smart way to talk about the game again to get you to buy it and let you know it will be supported in the future.

Honestly if we got the Switch Pro and some "exclusive" third part games on that along with a performance boost for first party games and games like Fortnite/Apex (which omg...apex really needs it) then it would have been an A for me

We have 8 Nintendo games coming from now until the end of the year...no one will play them all, we have backlogs, they are all different kinda games so really if we got the Pro think it would have pushed it over the top but its a good year...anyone saying otherwise needs to play more kinda games and more go out more because we have plenty to pay on all three consoles at this point

While I think a valid criticism can be made that Nintendo can easily go 50 minutes; the Direct for the most part was extremely solid. Especially with surprises like Advanced Wars (Which isn't even being developed by Nintendo and Intelligant for the core, it's being developed by WayForward), Guardians being on the console via Cloud, and with the re-release announced for Fatal Frame WiiU (which is being a multi-platform release this time around). If anything's the biggest outlier, it's the lack of Pokemon representation, as they have had Pokemon represented at past E3's.

I do think Zelda is a tiny bit lackluster (Which is hilarious that Metroid is getting better representation for it's 35th), but I think the selection is pretty solid. We'll probably get information for the New model soon enough; but that didn't need to be the focus of the presentation to my own tastes.

Hard disagree. I haven't turned my Switch on in a year and a half. There is a huge dearth of worthwhile first party games for it, and there has been for a while. And if the idea of a "new" model, especially if it does the 3DS thing where it can play games the older model cannot, will be a huge slap in the face.

Hard disagree. I haven't turned my Switch on in a year and a half. There is a huge dearth of worthwhile first party games for it, and there has been for a while.
It’s this combined with the prices that never reduce. Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War we’re both $20 a year after release. Super Mario Odyssey is still $60 today. I’m hard pressed to pay top dollar for platformers that are 4 years old, no matter how good they are.

Reactions: chris.g and Tristan
It’s this combined with the prices that never reduce. Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War we’re both $20 a year after release. Super Mario Odyssey is still $60 today. I’m hard pressed to pay top dollar for platformers that are 4 years old, no matter how good they are.
Not to mention PS just giving PS4 games like Ratchet and Clank and Horizon out for free downloads the past few months. I love Nintendo, I really do, but they make it really hard sometimes.

Not to mention PS just giving PS4 games like Ratchet and Clank and Horizon out for free downloads the past few months. I love Nintendo, I really do, but they make it really hard sometimes.
I mean I would love more love from Nintendo but they make top tier games....Breathe of the Wild is not a 20 dollar game...I don't care if Skyrim and others want to low ball themselves but Nintendo makes pretty great stuff and besides DK tropical Freeze price most games are worth the price tag.

If Anyone owns two or more consoles and is upset by the games coming out....then dam but for me I have plenty to play that is new and on the backlog. Quality over Quantity

No matter how good Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is. I refuse to pay full price for a 7-year-old game that only lasts 10 hours.

I mean I would love more love from Nintendo but they make top tier games....Breathe of the Wild is not a 20 dollar game...I don't care if Skyrim and others want to low ball themselves but Nintendo makes pretty great stuff and besides DK tropical Freeze price most games are worth the price tag.

If Anyone owns two or more consoles and is upset by the games coming out....then dam but for me I have plenty to play that is new and on the backlog. Quality over Quantity
But outside of maybe a small handful of games (BotW, Odyssey, Smash, Animal Crossing), you can’t tell me WiiU re-releases (Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Xenoblade), older re-releases (Super Mario All-Stars, Skyward Sword, 3D World) and games like Mario Tennis, Mario Golf and so forth are all worth $60 years after the fact.

Nintendo price gouges and they know it’s fine because people still pay. From a business model I can’t fault them but as a consumer with multiple systems and options, I almost always choose PS or Xbox games unless it’s something I need to have on the go.

Hard disagree. I haven't turned my Switch on in a year and a half. There is a huge dearth of worthwhile first party games for it, and there has been for a while. And if the idea of a "new" model, especially if it does the 3DS thing where it can play games the older model cannot, will be a huge slap in the face.
Thats on you

We got tons of games in the last year and this year and most are different

Mario 3D World still holds up and has a whole new ten hour game with it. Pokemon Snap is fun, Like Puzzles we had a new Paper Mario game. Metriod should be fun, Mario Party and Wario Ware are AMAZING with friends (add Super Monkey ball collection as well), We have two Pokemon games coming out...one old school and one new combat, Mario and Rabbids, Skyward Sword with finally normal controls, Hyrule Warriors DLC, Advance Wars, Game Builder just came out, Mario Golf Next week.
Plus I am sure you have not played and beated Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Pikman 3 and so on.

If you do not have something to play on your Switch you are being too picky, skipping great games or have more free time than most.

But outside of maybe a small handful of games (BotW, Odyssey, Smash, Animal Crossing), you can’t tell me WiiU re-releases (Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Xenoblade), older re-releases (Super Mario All-Stars, Skyward Sword, 3D World) and games like Mario Tennis, Mario Golf and so forth are all worth $60 years after the fact.

Nintendo price gouges and they know it’s fine because people still pay. From a business model I can’t fault them but as a consumer with multiple systems and options, I almost always choose PS or Xbox games unless it’s something I need to have on the go.
I will play Mario Gold (with FREE dlc) for hours on end with friends, its perfect for the Switch. Same with Mario Party.

Besides DK and the 2D Wii Mario most "ports" have something extra Pikman had some new missions and all DLC, 3D World had a new 10 hour story and while Skyward Sword isn't much new it does have normal controls and NO one played that game so makes sense its 60 because they want the money they wanted to make first time now.
I also have 100 hours on Mario Kart...so I got my money's worth

This Thread reminds me that I'm sure lucky and have friends to play Switch with and get every penny out of Nintendo games

Plus I am sure you have not played and beated Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Pikman 3 and so on.
I beat FE and LM in 2019. I played Pikmin 3 on WII U.

I'm not into buying remakes of games I beat. Nor am I interested in remade Pokemon. Metroid will probably be the next Switch game I buy, and at that point it will have been like 2 years since I bought a Switch game.

Reactions: Tristan
So Red Dead Redemption and GTAV are?
You are getting a STEAL for 20 bucks...but normally these Red Dead is still 60 bucks

Nintendo just value's their games. They work hard and make amazing stuff, do I think all of them are worth it? Nope but do I think I should be being 70 bucks for a Assassin Creed game not really either.
You can wait for a sale on first party nintendo games or like me just bite the bullet and buy day one because its not worth the wait...I want Mario Party ASAP

Once again from reading the comments here...we play games very differently I have friends who will come over/play online so for me its worth it...but sure if you dont have gamer friends mario party at any price could be a rip off.

I got a switch in 2019. Played it a lot initially. Played the hell out of Breath of the Wild, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Mario Odyssey, but I haven't bought a single game since.

If i'm gonna buy a multi-platform game, it'll be on my Playstation most likely or Xbox on some occasions. Their year-one lineup of Switch games was extremely impressive, but they've been living off of those games ever since. Like, how have we not gotten a new Donkey Kong Country game this generation, especially after the last one? DKC: Tropical Freeze was one of the few bright spots of the Wii U. But of course they sell that game on the Switch, so they probably see no reason for a new game yet, which is ridiculous.

I got a switch in 2019. Played it a lot initially. Played the hell out of Breath of the Wild, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Mario Odyssey, but I haven't bought a single game since.

If i'm gonna buy a multi-platform game, it'll be on my Playstation most likely or Xbox on some occasions. Their year-one lineup of Switch games was extremely impressive, but they've been living off of those games ever since. Like, how have we not gotten a new Donkey Kong Country game this generation, especially after the last one? DKC: Tropical Freeze was one of the few bright spots of the Wii U. But of course they sell that game on the Switch, so they probably see no reason for a new game yet, which is ridiculous.
The games sell ok, and while many hardcore gamers played some Wii U games...90% of everyone has not

Its smart, and clearly working because besides like maybe one Wii U game every game has been ported at this point and sold better than on Wii U

Also yooka laylee impossible lair for a game close to DK

So--I wanna talk about a small little game that's seemingly poised to hit Summer Game Fest or the summer; that being Abandoned. Or rather..what Abandoned is kind of doing right now in speculation.

For the sake of clarity, Abandoned is a new game by that of "Blue Box Gaming", apparently headed by a man named that of "Kasan Kahraman". Remember that name. The game is expected to launch in the end of Q4 2021, essentially, by this month. People have been gathering more and more information, as it seems like speculation is leading to that of Blue Box Gaming, and Abandoned...not being all it's cracked up to be.

Let's go first in the main developer, the sole developer as it seems, Kasan Kahraman. Or rather; the fact that it's actually a play on two different languages. Kasan, is Japanese for addition--while Kahraman in Turkish, for that of Hideo. Additionally, the studio is apparently settled in the Netherlands. For all accounts, the game should be coming by the end of the month, but..we haven't had a release date.

This, is being taken to an interesting level; as Geoff Keighley has openly shown images of Blue Box Games wanting to be involved in Summer Game Fest; as he has went out of his way to post that of the DM on Resetera.

It's gone to the point to where it's been seemingly discovered, that Abandoned is becoming an ARG, much like Moby Dick Studios. As people on Reddit have compiled almost everything--leading that to one conclusion: Abandoned is Hideo Kojima's next title.

So, is Kojima doing a Kojima? This might actually be one of the biggest red herrings, but it's getting aggressively close to wondering on whether or not we're going to see Kojima Productions announcing their next title soon. Now, whether or not that it's Silent Hills, is a good question. But the signs point to Blue Box being something that it isn't.

So--I wanna talk about a small little game that's seemingly poised to hit Summer Game Fest or the summer; that being Abandoned. Or rather..what Abandoned is kind of doing right now in speculation.

For the sake of clarity, Abandoned is a new game by that of "Blue Box Gaming", apparently headed by a man named that of "Kasan Kahraman". Remember that name. The game is expected to launch in the end of Q4 2021, essentially, by this month. People have been gathering more and more information, as it seems like speculation is leading to that of Blue Box Gaming, and Abandoned...not being all it's cracked up to be.

Let's go first in the main developer, the sole developer as it seems, Kasan Kahraman. Or rather; the fact that it's actually a play on two different languages. Kasan, is Japanese for addition--while Kahraman in Turkish, for that of Hideo. Additionally, the studio is apparently settled in the Netherlands. For all accounts, the game should be coming by the end of the month, but..we haven't had a release date.

This, is being taken to an interesting level; as Geoff Keighley has openly shown images of Blue Box Games wanting to be involved in Summer Game Fest; as he has went out of his way to post that of the DM on Resetera.

It's gone to the point to where it's been seemingly discovered, that Abandoned is becoming an ARG, much like Moby Dick Studios. As people on Reddit have compiled almost everything--leading that to one conclusion: Abandoned is Hideo Kojima's next title.

So, is Kojima doing a Kojima? This might actually be one of the biggest red herrings, but it's getting aggressively close to wondering on whether or not we're going to see Kojima Productions announcing their next title soon. Now, whether or not that it's Silent Hills, is a good question. But the signs point to Blue Box being something that it isn't.

Also, Geoff said he got that DM from May when the timestamps show it being 20 mins before he posted the screenshot. It's totally Kojima.

Also, Geoff said he got that DM from May when the timestamps show it being 20 mins before he posted the screenshot. It's totally Kojima.

He's even gone off and talked about wanting to branch off not just into gaming, but into other means of conveying the story. And lou and behold, Abandoned is going to have an "app" on the 20th, with previews.

Even if it isn't SIlent Hills, and is that once rumored Hideo Kojima/Junji Ito Horror title, that would be worth it.

He's even gone off and talked about wanting to branch off not just into gaming, but into other means of conveying the story. And lou and behold, Abandoned is going to have an "app" on the 20th, with previews.

Even if it isn't SIlent Hills, and is that once rumored Hideo Kojima/Junji Ito Horror title, that would be worth it.
I somehow missed that rumor, but I love a lot of Junji Ito's work, so color me intrigued. Either of the above options would definitely have me excited.